Hatch Report

TBIRD19

Any early signs of hatch that anybody has encountered? I'd be curious to see when they first start popping up. The farmer I stay in touch with SW MN hasn't came across any just yet.

Typically first two weeks of June is when they hatch. Let's hope for some warm dry weather. Last year was good, this year could be great.

I hope we get another good spring and summer so those young-ins make it! I won't get out chasing our longtail friends as often (due to a move up north), so good numbers may make a long weekend trip worth it.

That being said, I've seen some pretty healthy cock birds on some trips to central MN.

Last edited:
I know this is a pheasant forum, but yesterday I saw a nice brood of ruffed grouse chicks. There were a dozen or so and they were making short flights, about 75 feet. I was happy to see them after Sunday's torrential downpours up here.

I know this is a pheasant forum, but yesterday I saw a nice brood of ruffed grouse chicks. There were a dozen or so and they were making short flights, about 75 feet. I was happy to see them after Sunday's torrential downpours up here.

Our cabin is NW of Effie, and they got 7" of rain last week! Hopefully chicks were able to handle it, but I'm fearful they didn't.

Back