Gwp

Coach D

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an update on Buck. This is the 14 month old German Wirehair that birdman got me hooked up with (thanks again). He is doing great, up to date with shots, and putting weight on daily. My son is doing a great job with him. I will be picking him up the first week in June. Enjoy the pic.

Great looking bird dog you have there. I am planning on getting a GWP in about two months. The litter should be whelped this weekend and I couldn't be more excited to have a GWP pup in the field this fall. What breeder did you choose? I'm curious if similar pedigrees exist. Thanks for the pics.

Great looking bird dog you have there. I am planning on getting a GWP in about two months. The litter should be whelped this weekend and I couldn't be more excited to have a GWP pup in the field this fall. What breeder did you choose? I'm curious if similar pedigrees exist. Thanks for the pics.

I don't think he was a breeder just a relative of one of birdmans friends who had a free dog. I know he is pure but no papers. My understanding is he hunting him a few times last year and he is not gun shy. Will see this season.

Sounds like a great deal for you! Papers schmapers, I say. As long as the dog gets the job done, I could care less! I'll send some photos your way when I get mine.

Good looking dog, I hope you have a good season with it.............Bob

I'm more of a smooth coat GSP guy; but I must admit, that is one good looking GWP.

I don't think he was a breeder just a relative of one of birdmans friends who had a free dog. I know he is pure but no papers. My understanding is he hunting him a few times last year and he is not gun shy. Will see this season.

actually... he used to breed them.....

this is a link to his hunting guide and wirehair...

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breeders-south-dakota/hill-top-hunting.html

THEN he got married.. to a HOT wife... i mean HOT! and he stopped breeding the dogs and that dog is the very last of his breeding times so coach got a great deal... and a beautiful dog!

I'm more of a smooth coat GSP guy; but I must admit, that is one good looking GWP.

ditto!!

if i wasnt such a GSP fanantic, id def would of taken this dog. but im into GSP more then GWP... and im already put a payment for a Female GSP thats due in Sept/Oct.

actually... he used to breed them.....

this is a link to his hunting guide and wirehair...

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breeders-south-dakota/hill-top-hunting.html

THEN he got married.. to a HOT wife... i mean HOT! and he stopped breeding the dogs and that dog is the very last of his breeding times so coach got a great deal... and a beautiful dog!

Thanks for the correction Birdman. I didn't know he was a breeder. I am feeling better the more I learn about the dog and the his background. Can't wait to get him home and start working on commands.

Sounds like a great deal for you! Papers schmapers, I say. As long as the dog gets the job done, I could care less! I'll send some photos your way when I get mine.

That would be great, looking forward to the pictures. I love this style of dog. I had a GSP she was a great dog. I will work with this one by will always have a fondness for GSP.

Thanks for the correction Birdman. I didn't know he was a breeder. I am feeling better the more I learn about the dog and the his background. Can't wait to get him home and start working on commands.

no problem coach, however i did find his HUNTING website, but he must of taken down his breeder website now that he no longer has the last dog... i did see that site, but now its gone. the Hunting site is still up. I still envy that you got such a great deal on a beautiful patterned dog. like i had told you, hes at age of perfect training period.. at least you should be able to hunt this year and not have to worry about waiting til next year to hunt him.

http://www.hilltophunts.com/

Happy Dog

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an update on Buck. This is the 14 month old German Wirehair that birdman got me hooked up with (thanks again). He is doing great, up to date with shots, and putting weight on daily. My son is doing a great job with him. I will be picking him up the first week in June. Enjoy the pic.

That's a happy dog. Way to go.

Back