Gucci Time

There are times that really enjoy hunting just me and my dog. I also really enjoy sharing a hunt with one or two friends.

Then again, I also really enjoy a well executed cornfield drive with a large group of friends. I seldom get to post and have to be one of the drivers as I have a bird dog and few of my friends do.

If you do not like to hunt that way, no one says you have to.

There are times that really enjoy hunting just me and my dog. I also really enjoy sharing a hunt with one or two friends.

Then again, I also really enjoy a well executed cornfield drive with a large group of friends. I seldom get to post and have to be one of the drivers as I have a bird dog and few of my friends do.

If you do not like to hunt that way, no one says you have to.

That hits it on the head. If it isn’t illegal do what you want. I’m sure there are people that would say if they couldn’t hunt in a large group it wouldn’t be fun for them.

The way I hunt and how many folks are involved depends on what the cover demands. I go to Oregon with 3 friends. We hunt chukar expansive country that everyone goes their own direction in the morning and we might meet up at lunch.....maybe. We also hunt wooded draws with cattails in the bottoms that are 150 yards wide and up to 5 miles long. Those we work as a team to push the cover to blocker/blockers. Or we may hunt in pairs hunting the draws and hunt several at a time. I guess that is my long winded way to say, the country and cover you hunt should dictate the best way to hunt it.

Although, we do sneak out singly and do as well or better on pheasants.....the more quiet for pheasants the better.

Back