Grouse Reports?

PcolaGSP

Anyone been out for grouse or Huns? Gonna be out in week or two. May hunt Pierre area first, then up to Lemmon/Grand River a couple weeks later. Only hunted Grand River grasslands once years ago, so thought I'd try that area again. Thanks

I have friends that farm west of Pierre and they said the sharpies and chickens are plentiful and they have seen more this year compared to last. Good luck!

We went to see the Hugh Glass Monument at Shadehill. Cool country back there. We flushed 10 grouse in front of the car at one of the top of the bluff roads into the wind. Very cool.

I was also amazed at how much grassland there was west of Pierre. Truly ranching country.

Thanks Chris. Grand River is huge area, will talk to biologist and try to narrow down productive areas. Looks like I'm gonna only have a few days to hunt there before heading back East river to meet friends for phez.

A friend just returned from NW SD and said they had a good hunt. Once they figured out patterns then put up birds every time out of the truck. They're talking about going back again. Also said they saw a lot of pheasants. One trip north into a town in ND for a vet visit to pull porcky quills from one of his Griffs.

Back