grouse or hun stories?

2point

Well we are 3 days into the grouse and hun season, how is everybody doing? Opening day I got a ruff and then higher up a blue an thought I will be home early only one more to go. Three hours and 2 misses (tough shots through the brush) I was back at truck. :(

Yesterday my dog got into a family of blues and I went 3 for 3 on some left to right birds going through a big opening. Shooting 5 stand this summer paid off. :) I slept in today but might get out this evening. Great time of year, but we have a ton of smoke in the air from fires here which kind of sucks. Opening morning my eyes were watering and I developed a slight cough and slight sore throat. In my picture you can see the smoke through the trees.

photo-1.jpg

Nice job and a good looking (and happy) dog. My sister was in town for day one and two. However, I dropped her at the airport at 5:30 am this morning (day 3) and headed to the high country. Lots of single blues that were flushing a bit wild, and made for tough shots. However, we finally found a brood and finished with a couple of nice downhill shots. The dog is very happy to be back in the field. I hope to get out and check some hun spots in the next week.

Oh, I thought we were talking about past stories. We're still weeks away from our trip, so all my stories are from years passed.

Back