Govorners hunt

Well fellas i have been doing some resurch and some looking and as far as i can tell is this hunt is a bullshit lame excuse for him to come out here and charge money to hunt with him for the dinner alone its 35 dollars a plate maybe i'm wrong but in my opinion they should not be charging to have a meal or to hunt with a government idiot who is only out here to help his credentials and as far as paying to hunt with him it should be luck of the draw not how big your wallet is come on give me a break we are in a financial crisis in america but some high rolling governor wants everyone to cough up bucks to spend a couple hours with him he isn't famouse he is just another droid who will do nothing but make his wallet bigger off our state and screw the rest of us

Last edited:
GCB,

Sometimes you have too look beyond the political posturing of our elected officials. I would say having a Governor interested in our sport is a Plus. Now if someone had a constructive question to ask, concerning habitat programs, youth programs or anything related to our sport, the $35 just might be worth the small investment.

good point Okiegunner but i am convinced its the oposite its not a q and a about habitat its a meet and greet and u can bet your ass he isn't hunting wild birds i know where he is hunting and its right next to a small game farm he isn't going to get anything by me but like i said maybe i'm just to disgruntlede with our government to give him a fare shake but i still wouldn't pay to eat or hunt with him fare shake or not

i would probably give him the benefit of the doubt one time. i would also ask questions of how the departments will be run as tourism looks like it will swallow up game and fish, as i understand it?

either way, it's probably a damn good thing pen raised birds are being released! :thumbsup:

he may deserve the benefit of the doubt but he won't get it from me or many others around this part of the state and i'm sure that he has an agenda they all do

:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

I lost respect for Sam Brownback, when I sent him a detailed multi-page letter after the EIS hearing on CRP held at Manhattan, Kansas. The then senator replied with this cute form letter telling me how much he does for the farmer and how great he is. Sorry Sam, I am having some difficulty believing you and I sure don't think you are as great as you think you are.:mad:

I lost respect for Jerry Moran also, after finding out what he really thinks about the Ogallala aquifer. I get quite upset when Jerry spouts his mouth off about how much he cares for the future generations, when he really lives for the now and to heck with the future.:mad:

Sam and Jerry may be the better alternatives for Kansas, but I call BS on both of them.

I lost respect for Sam Brownback, when I sent him a detailed multi-page letter after the EIS hearing on CRP held at Manhattan, Kansas. The then senator replied with this cute form letter telling me how much he does for the farmer and how great he is. Sorry Sam, I am having some difficulty believing you and I sure don't think you are as great as you think you are.:mad:

I lost respect for Jerry Moran also, after finding out what he really thinks about the Ogallala aquifer. I get quite upset when Jerry spouts his mouth off about how much he cares for the future generations, when he really lives for the now and to heck with the future.:mad:

Sam and Jerry may be the better alternatives for Kansas, but I call BS on both of them.

I don't get a vote in this case, I have my own problems with politico's, and have been censored by a moderator here for my opinions. The benefits or impact of the governor's pheasant hunt seem minimal. Another publicity stunt with the usual characters, Pheasant's Forever Honcho, Athlete's, Politicians, Lawyers, and Indian Chiefs. If it causes someone to rethink an anti-hunting position, or pause bulldozing habitat it's a small win. On the other hand, the auquifer issue is life and death for the great plains, and it's not just a Kansas issue. The abuse and draw down starts in central Nebraska and continues thru North Texas. We won't have to wait long, the choice is going to get forced upon us soon enough. No politician can be depended upon to deliver unpleasant news, they are in business to tell us what we want to here, get re-elected, foster the status quo, react to the inevitable disaster with a proclamation and dramatic costly plan to put a band aid on the wound, so we can continue on as we are, as long as possible. Maybe we expect to much from them, after all I don't see "statesman", listed in their obituaries or tombstones. I do wonder how all these people get elected, maybe we get the blame after all.

no matter how we cut the cake they always have an agenda and it usually involves screwing the little man and praising the big man with the little ones screwings

Old&New,
I was thinking about you when I went by Greenbush on Friday on my way to the chicken eater's mecca.;)

Annie's at Yale. Got to Frontenac too late on Friday for Frontenac Bakery. Friday night in P-burg, then on to NE OK for wife's cousin's 90th BD party, a little swing over into NW AR, then SW MO, checked out tornado damage in Joplin, then back to Parsons for Saturday night. Good to see the old house in Frontenac was being cared for and see the old stomping grounds.

Didn't see any floaters in the pits.;)

Didn't run into any career politicians.:thumbsup:

A good trip.

If you took 47 by Greenbush Friday, we probably passed each other, should have honked...

If you took 47 by Greenbush Friday, we probably passed each other, should have honked...

Couldn't honk, my brother-in-law was driving.:) Would have been on 47 at Greenbush about 4pm. Had to take the detour at Altoona that I, of course, didn't know about. Stopped to show BIL/SIL church at St. Paul.

Well fellas i have been doing some resurch and some looking and as far as i can tell is this hunt is a bullshit lame excuse for him to come out here and charge money to hunt with him for the dinner alone its 35 dollars a plate maybe i'm wrong but in my opinion they should not be charging to have a meal or to hunt with a government idiot who is only out here to help his credentials and as far as paying to hunt with him it should be luck of the draw not how big your wallet is come on give me a break we are in a financial crisis in america but some high rolling governor wants everyone to cough up bucks to spend a couple hours with him he isn't famouse he is just another droid who will do nothing but make his wallet bigger off our state and screw the rest of us

You leave no doubt where you stand on the Governor's Hunt. Thank you for sharing your views.

I tried to find some info on the Governor's pheasant hunt and found almost nothing. No contact info. I wanted to call in just to ask a few questions.

Couldn't honk, my brother-in-law was driving.:) Would have been on 47 at Greenbush about 4pm. Had to take the detour at Altoona that I, of course, didn't know about. Stopped to show BIL/SIL church at St. Paul.

Should have told me you were coming I could have directed you around that mess. I could have sent you down a couple gravel roads, or if need be, I could have kept you on pavement. Not the big long detour up and around Chanute they have marked out.

Is anyone signed up for the Governor's Ringneck hunt? I might go next year just for the experience.

Back