Governor Noem writes about her hunting dog

I sincerely wish that folks would leave politics out of discussions like this.

I was raised in a very rural community and my family were farmers in Iowa. You see a lot of death for a lot of reasons, some of them justified and some of them not. As a result, perhaps I am hardened to the act of killing animals but I really do take exception to publicizing the act. That should be left in your memories that eventually fades away

Drew

Ok, thanks for the reasonable response....agree with you on not needing politics as part of this forum.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the whether this thread has a politcal basis...yes, it involves a politician....I don't see that as evidence alone that the motives/ opinions shared have much to do with where folks are at from a "political" perspective...jmo
Mutt summed it up pretty damn well
Actually, politics in forums doesn’t bother me at all. I’m all grown up and know how to ignore topics and posts that don’t interest me.

However, not everyone on this site can tolerate ANY remotely political thread or post. I’m thinking that Wolfchief’s recent post (which I enjoyed and agree with BTW) will get the moderators all stirred up and the owner of the site (Webguy) will be getting some nastygrams from a member or two.

Here’s an example. I put a thread discussing the Second Amendment in the Lounge forum. Kinda out of sight. Well Webguy participated along with others and it was an interesting and respectful discussion.

However, a very few people got the vapors because the thread popped up on New Posts and What’s New every time they logged in. Oh, the HORROR!

Even the Moderators complained. Webguy apologized to me but said he had to remove the thread.

So yeah, the hypocrisy bothers me. This thread is more political than the 2A thread was.

Last edited:
I live in SD and have a really good bird dog. A few years ago the neighbor kids left my gate open to my fence and she got out. Well she went north about a half mile and killed some chickens. 3 if I remember correctly. The owners didn't call the city to report it but if they would have the city would deem her aggressive and require me to have a 1 million dollar insurance policy on her. Nobody can afford that so what it does is force me to have her put down. Hopefully I am not in that position but she is no where aggressive towards people. Tough to blame the dog at all, she's a bird dog! I have since raised some serious hell with the neighbor kids and my own too.

Actually, politics in forums doesn’t bother me at all. I’m all grown up and know how to ignore topics and posts that don’t interest me.

However, not everyone on this site can tolerate ANY remotely political thread or post. I’m thinking that Wolfchief’s recent post (which I enjoyed and agree with BTW) will get the moderators all stirred up and the owner of the site (Webguy) will be getting some nastygrams from a member or two.

Here’s an example. I put a thread discussing the Second Amendment in the Lounge forum. Kinda out of sight. Well Webguy participated along with others and it was an interesting and respectful discussion.

However, a very few people got the vapors because the thread popped up on New Posts and What’s New every time they logged in. Oh, the HORROR!

Even the Moderators complained. Webguy apologized to me but said he had to remove the thread.

So yeah, the hypocrisy bothers me. This thread is more political than the 2A thread was.
I should stop, but………

I never said ignore the world’s problems, or bury your head in the sand. I have dear friends on both sides of politics and I respect them all as well as their stances on issues.

I just don’t want to spend my spare time talking about things (issues/politics) that are consuming the rest of my life.

I enjoy the information and banter on this forum. It seems like there are a bunch of great folks participating on it.

I would rather it continue to be that and not a place to stump on either side of political issues.

I vote every election cycle to address the issues and politics and leave it at the ballot box.

IMO, in today’s climate, anyone who votes for someone with a D next to their name should go turn their guns in to some big city’s buy-back program to get cut in half. There is no such thing as a moderate politician anymore. That said, Im having a good time watching the wheels fall off for Noem as she desperately tries to stay in Trumps sights for VP.
Is that too political?

There is no such thing as a moderate politician anymore.

I think that's unfortunate because that person would get my vote. I also think that if there was a moderate on either side in this upcoming election, they would win in a landslide. Especially if they were of a younger age. Just my opinion.

Instead we're stuck with a couple of 80 year olds...

IMO, in today’s climate, anyone who votes for someone with a D next to their name should go turn their guns in to some big city’s buy-back program to get cut in half. There is no such thing as a moderate politician anymore. That said, Im having a good time watching the wheels fall off for Noem as she desperately tries to stay in Trumps sights for VP.
Is that too political?
I’m glad your opinion is in the minority.

News item today said that people involved in the publication of Noem's first (also ghost-written) book, which initially included the dog shooting story, all objected to its inclusion on the basis of it being in bad taste, and it was cut.

I think that's unfortunate because that person would get my vote. I also think that if there was a moderate on either side in this upcoming election, they would win in a landslide. Especially if they were of a younger age. Just my opinion.

There is no money in being a moderate. If everyone got along and worked together for issues instead of always against, the special interest lobbyists would quit sending money. I don’t care what party she is from, the whole beating my chest to make others feel like I am a bad ass left me about 30 years ago. The story itself doesn’t bother me that much. The way she nearly gloated about it does.

IMO, in today’s climate, anyone who votes for someone with a D next to their name should go turn their guns in to some big city’s buy-back program to get cut in half. There is no such thing as a moderate politician anymore. That said, I'm having a good time watching the wheels fall off for Noem as she desperately tries to stay in Trumps sights for VP.
Is that too political?
Meant to hit the reply button. duh NOT the like button

a D or R plays no role in the way I vote or pheasant hunt and, in my lifetime, has never significantly impacted my gun ownership.

Noem is a politician. How could it not? My comments on Noem were independent of either party. While she may be OK for SD. She is not fit to be the next VP and it is not just the dog killing… if that took her off the list so be it … it is not fake news…far from it actually. Look one state to the north or the other South State for more qualified and trustworthy VP candidates.

Yup. A normal moderate person who I wouldn’t talk slower to if speaking with them.

I think most people want this.. and our closer on issues than they realize..

Back