Good news on SD pheasants

SDJIM

Got a report today from the Platte area. The north half of the section (an existing CRP planting) had its mid-term maintance done this week. It was mowed and all the birds living there are now on our CRP. My hunting buddy described it as " the place is crawling with birds" It could be a really good year as this is the 1st really positive report I've gotten this year. He said it laid to rest his worries that there was a bad hatch--- the bummer is he is in the Air Force an deploys to "an undisclosed forward operating location" in early Oct and will miss the entire hunting season:(

SD Jim

Good too finally here some positive scouting reports. :) Also, Please Thank your hunting buddy for his Service to our Country. :10sign:

SD Jim

Good too finally here some positive scouting reports. :) Also, Please Thank your hunting buddy for his Service to our Country. :10sign:

I will pass along your thank-you to him, this will be his 3rd deployment in 4 yrs--- his is one of the good guys

I have about 10 AF guys that hunt my place and they have done a great amount of spring work on the crp and general clean up of the old farmstead--better help you can not find, and they to have gone on deployment.:10sign:

Let's hope the debt ceiling gets raised today and the boys get paid.........My hats off to your friends for everything they do......

I have been seeing quite a few batches as I Put up second cutting alfalfa. Today I saw a brood of little ones. If they had been any smaller they would have been in the nest. I had to wait as they crossed in front of me. They will be December birds.

report details

Sat down with my friend today and got a detailed report. Lots of mature birds and at least 4 different sized brood chicks from almost full sized to very small.

Bottom line was there were as many if not more birds than last year, now just gotta make it till season--there is still hail to deal with, hoping for the best:cheers:

Sat down with my friend today and got a detailed report. Lots of mature birds and at least 4 different sized brood chicks from almost full sized to very small.

Bottom line was there were as many if not more birds than last year, now just gotta make it till season--there is still hail to deal with, hoping for the best:cheers:

SDJIM...what county if I may ask?

Back