Getting back in shape on some wild birds.

TimJ

https://youtu.be/qujjR3hUa9M

Getting the dog out for some preseason work. The first rooster tried to sneak back behind him but we found some others that played along better.
Other then the young birds running like crazy this is a fun time of year.

Tim

The pup looks so happy!

What kind of camera are you using btw?

Also, how many ticks do you usually have after tromping through high grass like that?

The pup looks so happy!

What kind of camera are you using btw?

Also, how many ticks do you usually have after tromping through high grass like that?

Yep, he loves finding birds.

It's an el cheapo Lightdow LD4000. It works good enough for me right now. Under a few certain light conditions it can get dark, like on the second to last bird.

You guys in tick infested parts of the country are going to hate this but...none. :)
I haven't seen a tick in almost 2 months. If you walked through this in April or May you might need a transfusion for loss of blood but once we hit the end of summer ticks are very rare in SD.

Tim

btw Here is what happened on our latest time out. None of the pheasants wanted to play nicely but one furry ring tailed critter must have been sleeping in the grass. As you can hear I was a bit surprised by it. At least when he pointed the crippled buck last fall that I went in to 'flush' I had a gun in my hands to make me feel better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oNs2nz_y28

Tim

Yep, he loves finding birds.

It's an el cheapo Lightdow LD4000. It works good enough for me right now. Under a few certain light conditions it can get dark, like on the second to last bird.

You guys in tick infested parts of the country are going to hate this but...none. :)
I haven't seen a tick in almost 2 months. If you walked through this in April or May you might need a transfusion for loss of blood but once we hit the end of summer ticks are very rare in SD.

Tim

Lucky! I. HATE. TICKS. ahh!

btw Here is what happened on our latest time out. None of the pheasants wanted to play nicely but one furry ring tailed critter must have been sleeping in the grass. As you can hear I was a bit surprised by it. At least when he pointed the crippled buck last fall that I went in to 'flush' I had a gun in my hands to make me feel better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oNs2nz_y28

Tim

Curious. Why do you keep your videos private on youtube?

Curious. Why do you keep your videos private on youtube?

I just have a couple that are unlisted like this Raccoon video. The pheasant videos are all public I believe. No real reason I guess. Just figured it wasn't that good of a video and it didn't need to be shared around too much. But no important reason.

Tim

I just have a couple that are unlisted like this Raccoon video. The pheasant videos are all public I believe. No real reason I guess. Just figured it wasn't that good of a video and it didn't need to be shared around too much. But no important reason.

Tim

Oh I see. It was a fun little video though, might as well and share it :)

Back