German whirehair

KSBrittman

I have a hunting buddy that is looking for a wire hair , he is looking for a line that performs well as a waterfowl dog and serviceable in the uplands .

Any leads or input on breeders or upcoming litters would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ksbrittman

Not sure what your buddy is willing to spend but Jason Norton by Ellendale, ND has some really good Wirehairs. Price is $1,200. He should have a litter on the ground and another litter in July. His dogs do extremely well in NSTRA and some of his offspring have won national trials. And he and his wife are avid hunters. Here is a link to his Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/nortonkennels

I have owned GWP for quite a few years, the last breeder I purchased from almost 4 years ago is also a serious hunter, and NAVDHA judge. I have been lucky to own quite a few really good gwp's, but this pup is awesome, loves the water, Keith had him retrieving dead duck in a slough at just a few weeks of age, If your interested I will give you his name and phone #, he does not do the website deal, he is about 20 mins west of Fargo, very good man. I have posted this before, but this is one of his pups, as you can see, he is a bit apprehensive around water...LOL.View attachment 9261

Thanks guys really appreciate the reply and will send to my friend . Dakota that about the cost my buddy was thinking .

Back