Garmin Alpha® 100/TT™ 15 Bundle

Thrasher

I was thinking of picking one of these up with two collars. The dogs normally stay pretty close, but we hunt some think stuff. I think the peace of mind that the tracker would provide sounds good.

Any thoughts?

I bought the Alpha with the TT15 Mini a year ago for my Brittany. I had been running a Dogtra beeper collar and liked it very much. But, with my hearing getting worse there were lots of times I was unable to hear the beep when my dog was on point. I now can tell where my dog is when she is out of sight. You can set the handheld unit to vibrate, tone or both when the dog goes on point. However, the tone is so faint I can't hear it and unless you have the unit in your hand you can't feel the vibrate. That's my only complaint. The Alpha has a lot of features that I do not know how to use and will probably never have a need to learn. Overall I am very happy with it. If you have a smaller dog you might want to consider the Mini. They say the range and battery life on the Mini is not as good as the regular TT15 but I've read tests that have shown the range difference is minimal and my battery life with the Mini is great.

Alpha 100 and the TT15's are great. I used Innotek TT1600's for years and switched to Garmin several years back. Best track and train collar on the market and I believe ever to this point.

i have an older Garmin unit (not sure of the model) I use it more to keep track of my dog at the cabin. He sometimes wanders a bit trying to coerce someone into throwing sticks for him, or on a good day when he can steal a hot dog. It does work real good however the collars do need to be charged regularly.
I do use it occasionally hunting to see how far they travel and its pretty interesting.

I bought the Alpha, and a tt10, when it first came out. Just replaced a collar with a tt 15 because they don’t repair the 10 anymore.
It does exactly what I want:
GPS tracking for dogs and me.
Controls dogs.
Dependable and quiet.
Use my set almost daily.

I had a Garmin Alpha, Sport Dog TEK 2.0 (junk) and now running a Pro 550 plus, I really like the ease of the 550 plus, but if you’re into the miles logged etc. then the alpha is the way to go, if you just want e-collar and gps piece of mind I’m not sure there’s a simpler unit.

I hang the Alpha around my neck. Due to my build I can feel it vibrate on a point by the dog. It rests on my belly.:(

Alpha with TT15 is awesome! It's revolutionized my hunting and greatly added to my peace of mind. Just recently a guide/trainer suggested the mini for smaller dogs. He claimed he never noticed a range or battery life issue. Had I talked to him before buying a regular tt15 for my new dog, I might have bought the mini. I flirted briefly with the idea of selling my new TT15 and buying a mini, but decided against it. Cinched down to my preferred tightness, I think I have only one more "hole" available on the strap. For reference, the new dog is a vizsla of about 33#.

Not sure I would run two dogs without it.

Alpha 100 Sold

I have a one year old alpha 100 hand held transmitter to sell for $250 which is less than half price. No issues whatsoever just switched to pro 550 handheld. Not sure if you can post it here. I apologize in advance if wrong post. This has been sold.

Last edited:
Tukudu- is your alpha still available? I am really interested as I am looking to upgrade from my old garmin!
Please p.m. me

Matto,
I run French Britts. (definitely smaller dogs). IMO the tt15 size vs smaller unit on even a FRench Britt is a NON-ISSUE.

After running the regular sized collar for the season I agree. There certainly isn't enough difference to justify switching it out.

Anyone looking for an Garmin Alpha Bundle? I know a guy from NSTRA that is selling his. Claims it's only been used a couple of times. He posted a pic of the receipt and he paid $800 for it new. He is asking $500. If you are interested send me a PM and I'll get you his contact info. I believe he is in Iowa.

I'm finding a lot of guys switching to the Garmin Pro 550 Plus because it is quicker and better stim timing for a multi dog set up. Something to consider. I have the Alpha 100, but also carry the Garmin Pro 550 Plus transmitter for training purposes with multiple dogs on the ground. Both systems utilize the same TT15/T5 collars.

Back