Franchi Instinct

Hoster05

Anyone have thoughts or comments on the franchi instinct? I shouldered both the 20 and 16ga over the weekend and liked the feel of them. I know you can get the receiver in either steel or aluminum. I also read a few websites where I saw some concern over an auto safety feature.

I've had my 20 ga Intinct L (steel receiver) for about 1.5 years now. It's a joy to carry in the field and hasn't failed me at all. I've had no concerns over the auto safety.

Why do they keep dropping their ou's every yr or so.How many new models of ou's have they made in the last doz years or so.I have a sxs highlander can't get choke tubes for cause it's discontinued.Never had a problem with a Franchi product,only with Franchi.

You should be able to get chokes for your Highlander from George Trulock at Trulock chokes .
I had an a Instinct 20 for a while and it was s good gun .
I just sold an older Franchi that was made in 1971 ( way before the sale to Benelli) and although it was a bit heavier than the modern guns it was s very well made shotgun .
DT

David well I'll be a monkey's uncle.
I called tru lock they do make the "fausti" choke for the highlander.
The highlander was made by fausti and is a dea except it is not as adorned .
So I got to thinking.After the smoke cleared,I went into my gun room,pulled out my fausti class OU 20 and behold the chokes are interchangeable.So I had chokes here all along .
I still ordered two more from Truelock ,chokes I didn't have.So between the two guns I will have 6 chokes that I can interchange between them.Thks David.

Well now ain’t that a daisy!
Fausti builds great shotguns , I was not aware that the Highlander was a Dea however!😎
They also built some of the Weatherby guns but the 28 I looked at was a heavier frame than my Dea .
Glad George could help you out!
DT

I have several franchis, including an Instinct L in 20, and a renaissance in 12. The instinct is a dream to hunt with, crazy light and mild recoil. Not a huge fan of the 28" barrels on a 20 though. Both of my doubles have the auto safety, never had a single issue and ive shot the 12 a lot...like a lot a lot. On the plus side if you ever do have an issue, Franchi is great to deal with.

Back