Finally saw dusky grouse with my own two eyes, of course I was elk hunting

retrvrman

Currently I am out of the country in Ascension Island working (I am a DoD contractor). For those who are not familiar, Ascension Island is a British government controlled island in the south Atlantic ocean. It is part of three islands, St. Helena being the most notable (that is where Napoleon was in prison and died, they tried Ascension, but there is not a natural water source, the water here is from desalination) it is 3 1/2 flight from Africa. IYou can only get here via MilAir flight from PAFB or fly down from England.

I will be home in time for my pheasant hunt out in KS on 13 November. I did manage to catch a 275lb. yellow fin tuna:eek::eek:

So back to the grouse, I saw them over in the Uncomahdre National forest during 2nd rifle....I saw more damn grouse than the Dems lost house and senate seats ;)

I marked the areas with GPS coordinates and plan on going back there next year. I took pics and video. I just can't upload with damn photbucket crap...:mad:

So, morally to the story, patience is a virtue :rolleyes:

Greg

And that's the end for you Greg. Now that you know they're not extinct, you're gonna get obsessed chasing them.

275 lb yellowfin?! Should have harnessed him up and rode him back to The States!

Glad you found the elusive snipe!!! We will take you cow tipping now!!lol PM me on the uploading pictures..

Glad you finally saw one. Gives the rest of us hope that we too shall see one in the not so distant future! :D

Hey R-man,
Have a safe trip back and a great trip to Kansas. Parker and I had success with grouse in late September up near the Wyoming border-only the 2nd and 3rd grouse of my life. Parker and I, and my shotgun, and my truck all took some dings-tough hunting conditions.

Good luck in Kansas.
POL

Back