Filling the Void!

It looks like it's time to welcome another springer into the family! Life is to short and all the hunting seasons we have is evener shorter so we thought it was time. This little pup has great lineage and very special lineage with that being said which meant the world to us. It's a bitter sweet feeling but I'm sure this little guy will make Buddy and Dugan proud!

I will let Dad explain more of the details!

As some of you know we lost someone very special to us last season. There's been an emptiness in our household ever since. It's been a roller coaster of emotions since, but we knew we had to fill that void at somepoint.
Any how we were VERY LUCKY to find the exact lineage that we were looking for. It includes many of our last two Springers " Dugan and Buddy" lines as well as some outstanding well know dogs.
So if all goes well it looks like we'll be adding another Springer to the family!

Cute little guys! I was wondering when/if you would be getting a pup. Any names picked out? If things work out, when does he come home? Good luck!

Cute little guys! I was wondering when/if you would be getting a pup. Any names picked out? If things work out, when does he come home? Good luck!

We've been going back and forth with the names...you know the wives always want to contribute! :rolleyes:;) He was born on May 12th, so about another 4 weeks!

An old quote from a movie came to me as I was reading your post. :)

From JEREMIAH JOHNSON:

You got a name, boy?

l will call you Caleb.

lt is a name l have always admired.

You like that? Caleb?

Do what you like.

l was much the same myself.

Congratulations on your new family member. :thumbsup:

Good For You :)

Congrats, it's hard to beat the feeling when you meet your new best friends. Have fun and enjoy the journey. :thumbsup:

What a lucky pup to have you guys and a great looking pup to so happy for you, enjoy the ride...:thumbsup:

Thank You!
We feel lucky too! This little guy is going to have a lot of the same stuff that Dugan had.

He sure is cute! Good luck with him and enjoy. Do you think you will get him out this year in the late season?

He sure is cute! Good luck with him and enjoy. Do you think you will get him out this year in the late season?

That's a good question. Normally I would say no, but Dugan was born on almost the same Month and Day and he hunted that Falls pheasant opener and we bagged our limits on his first hunt.But each pup progresses at their own pace, so I won't push it.

Well maybe it's just me getting older but this 9 wk old seems to have more piss and vinegar than the rest!:) He is sitting on command and stays for a short time.

Interestingly he has some of Dugan's characteristics.I guess it shouldn't be a surprise since he shares the same lineage.

His name is Chipper! "Chip"

Chip flushed our resident rabbit from our back yard, he then put his nose down and trailed for a few feet! It's a good start!:)

Back