February run

bauerline

I had chance to run the dogs today and with the temps in the mid 60's it wasn't a typical Feb. day. The dogs enjoyed being out and found a group of 6 quail that ended up flushing from the field and into the woods. I wasn't able to get a picture of them this time. A few minutes later the dogs ran into the woods and I got a picture of this point:
IMG_0231.jpg

I thought maybe some of the quail ran down to this area but it ended up being a rabbit in the brush. I was suprised he held that long with the two dogs and me walking around.

I couldn't get all the pictures on one post. Here are some more.

We headed to the switchgrass area where I found Blitz like this:
IMG_0237.jpg

Two hen pheasants flushed out from this point. We worked a different area after this and the dogs had another point. I was able to get some pictures of the bird flushing and this is what I got:
IMG_0244.jpg

I played around with the picture and was able to get it to look like this:
IMG_0244-1.jpg

Post 3 (last one)

When heading back to the truck the dogs found a couple of the quail in a different area of the woods and I was able to get a couple of pictures:
Can you find the quail:
IMG_0246.jpg

Here is a close up:
IMG_0245-1.jpg

I tried to get a picture of a flushing quail and I got this for my best picture:
IMG_0254.jpg

This is a close up of the same picture:
IMG_0254-1.jpg

It is not the best picture but I had fun taking it. It was not a typical February day.

that certainly looks like a fun outing to me! Thanks for sharing . . . I hope to do some of the same this weekend.

Great Pictures Brian!! It's not easy to get pictures of those birds! Glad you were able to get out and get on some birds! I bet you and the dogs had a blast!

That's a lot of good dog work on birds this late in the year, way to go! Ok you pumped me up, we are going out Saturday!

Good luck on Saturday. The good thing about shooting with the camera is you don't have to clean anything!

Back