English Setter Puppies

Prairie Drifter

I have a litter of 6 female and 2 male tricolored setter pups for sale that were whelped June 18, 2016. All pups are masked and will have had dew claws removed and shots up-to-date. Both the sire and dam are in my kennel and are excellent hunting dogs. This is the first litter for both Trapper and Birch.

Trapper is a grandson of Ch. The Insider, Grouse Ridge Paris, Ch. Grouse Ridge Reroy, and Grouse Ridge Jugs. He is a darker tricolored dog with intensity, drive, and nose. Birch is a granddaughter of Ch. The Valedictorian, Trail's End Boom (RU Ch. Trail's End Bubba X Tug Hill Ballerina), Platinum Punkstar (Pennstar X Starmaker), and Pioneer Pepper (Ch. Terhaar's Rocko X Ch. Cooper Mountain Pepsi). She is snappy, birdy, and beautifully vertical. These pups should be quick, stylish, and intelligent. They should adjust their range to the cover and their training. If you are interested or have further questions, PM me or email me at (troygs@hotmail.com). Pups are $500 and a $100 deposit will hold your selection.

Last edited:
Never had a 100% masked litter before! Hope I get the traditional weaning pen picture with them all lined up! 4 have body spots and 4 don't. 3 have one side of the face where the black comes all the way to the nose. Fun times! Thanks Steve!

Thats a nice looking litter. I just got a pup back in March though when the early breedings didnt work out. Wish I had the room for another at the moment. I showed the pedigrees to a buddy of mine and my Dad. Dad is very interested. Will keep in touch.

Yeah ... keep us updated on the litter, lots of pictures. My 2 will be six in January ... it's never too early to start priming the wife for a 3rd, right?

Mr. Troutman, 3 HAS to be mandatory! At 6, a new pup will be firing on 8 cylinders as the older peers are starting to drop off. Here is the buffet as it was open today! They got their eyes opened in the last day or so. They'll be wobbling around soon.

Thats a nice looking litter. I just got a pup back in March though when the early breedings didnt work out. Wish I had the room for another at the moment. I showed the pedigrees to a buddy of mine and my Dad. Dad is very interested. Will keep in touch.

Brandon, glad you could pick one up early in the year! Gives you more time to get it ready for some work this fall. Sorry my early litters didn't work out. One was with Last Straw. My next litter is due in less than 2 weeks and it is also out of Last Straw. How are you liking your pup out of him? It'll be interesting to compare if they have mutual traits in a year or so.

last straw pup

She is extremely stubborn even for a puppy. She has alot of his markings and she has a high head and tail, which Im told that was his traits. I have worked her with the guy I got her from. He was a part owner in last straw. He said she resembles him and the hard headedness to boot! She is very staunch on point and diligent in the field. Im very happy where she is at the six month mark. Her general discipline goes to hell when she is in the bird field. Cant get her back in the truck when done in the field, but thats a good thing. Retrieving is the next hurdle. She hunts dead and picks em up, but still has a lot of puppy in her on bringing it back. She doesnt tear up the bird but likes to play chase on the return. I just have fun with it now. 1st year is a bonus for me.:)

This weather sure is hard on the pups. They are nearing the age to need to be outside and we are hot! I'm taking them out each morning to the elevated pen outside but have to bring them back in as things heat up. They are maturing nicely and we have a few starting to show interest in momma's food bowl! Here they are in their second morning in the outside pen.

Pups are 5 weeks old today! The second litter is going to be 2 weeks on Tuesday. It is sure a pain having this heat just now! Have to bring in the older pups at noon and put them back in the basement! Hoping this cool-down is enough!

Here is the second litter. The dam is Ivy. She is a granddaughter of The Insider and Grouse Ridge Paris with Grouse Ridge Reroy, Havelock Blacksmith and Tricky Dick backing that up. The sire is a son of Brannigan and Ruffian. Sure got a variety of body markings in this litter. They go from almost white to almost all black. These pups are $600 each.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom! It's been tough with this heat. The older litter should have been outside a week ago, but the heat and humidity is too oppressive in the afternoon and at night. They have been coming back into the basement at noon and going out at 6 the next morning. Going through newspapers like crazy! Maybe tomorrow will be better!

My younger litter is finally starting to act like puppies! Getting fun and they are a colorful lot! Momma had a saddle, but she gave some of her pups even bigger saddles. Others are almost all white. It is an interesting litter. I'm looking forward to watching them develop.

Last edited:
My Brannigan litter of 9 is getting near their last weaning appointment with mom. We're starting to get them out more and the fun has begun. Wife has gotten several nights sleep now with them out in the weaning pen, so the house is flowing smoother too:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks! The picture doesn't do them justice! I'm working on getting better outside pics, but work and weather keep getting in the way.

Theses are not as cute as my River, but they are good looking and glad your wife is getting some long overdue rest.

Back