English Pointer

Looking for a new pup, anyone that can get me in contact with someone would be appreciated….

Lointer man
Contact Dan Hendrickson at Phantom Kennels in Abilene, Texas. Dan has been in the bird dog business for a long time and the genetics in his dogs run deep.

I currently have 4 pointers that he raised.

Do your homework on the bloodlines, if you want a closer foot hunting dog don't buy a puppy from trial lines and get mad when they want to out run you all day. They are great dogs but will try your patience at times. I have them and gsp's and equally enjoy them all for different reasons

Do your homework on the bloodlines, if you want a closer foot hunting dog don't buy a puppy from trial lines and get mad when they want to out run you all day. They are great dogs but will try your patience at times. I have them and gsp's and equally enjoy them all for different reasons
Fact. Dan has produced some great dogs but they got a lot of go in them. He breeds a lot of all-age dogs. I suppose its all in what your looking for as you said.

I agree with both Elhew and GTTP. I think it depends on how you hunt and what you plan to hunt with them. I primarily use my Phantom Kennels dogs to quail hunt in west Texas where I live, and was thinking more from that perspective. I pheasant hunt a couple of times a year with them, and they do well, but they really excel as quail dogs.

Best of luck in your search for a new pup!

I agree with both Elhew and GTTP. I think it depends on how you hunt and what you plan to hunt with them. I primarily use my Phantom Kennels dogs to quail hunt in west Texas where I live, and was thinking more from that perspective. I pheasant hunt a couple of times a year with them, and they do well, but they really excel as quail dogs.

Best of luck in your search for a new pup!
I need to get out there and hunt. You probably have some outstanding dogs. Like I said Dan is constantly breeding to National Champs. His dogs are no slouch if they suit your needs. In Tn we hunt slot of fence rows and not a lot of open country like what I assume is in West TX.

You’re correct about the terrain we hunt out here, it’s big country with scattered cover. Most of the cover has thorns on it; mesquite, catclaw, prickly pear, etc. It takes a bigger running dog.

My youngest dog is a son of Ch Skyfall and this will be his first full season. He was raised and trained by Dan and I’m awful proud of him. Our annual South Dakota trip will be his first exposure to pheasants, and I’m looking forward to seeing how he reacts to birds that run and don’t hold very well.

You’re correct about the terrain we hunt out here, it’s big country with scattered cover. Most of the cover has thorns on it; mesquite, catclaw, prickly pear, etc. It takes a bigger running dog.

My youngest dog is a son of Ch Skyfall and this will be his first full season. He was raised and trained by Dan and I’m awful proud of him. Our annual South Dakota trip will be his first exposure to pheasants, and I’m looking forward to seeing how he reacts to birds that run and don’t hold very well.
I like most if not all the breedings he does. I wish I had a horse cause I would have some and horseback trial them. But I don’t so we breed a strong Elhew line.

Nice pup! If I were Lointer Man, I’d be taking a look at that one.

Back