Dog's Eyes Help

PHEZZYBOY FROID

Hey Guys;
Had an intense day of hunting yesterday.
Need advice, my pup's eyes are very red and watery. what can I apply to help ease this. Obviously has a lot of dust or seed material however I can not see anything big in here.

Any Advice appreciated

PBF

Never had this problem before with any of my other pups.

Last edited:
Use Eye wash solution (not contact cleaner). All pharmecys will have it. I wash my dogs eyes after every outing> If the discharge becomes greenish in collor get to the vet right away. The vet will probably prescribe Neomycin/polymyxin/Dexamethasone ointment.

Before it rains and the veg is dry there are a lot of little seeds and dust that can get in your dogs eyes. In Calif. it's particularly bad early in the year with the dogs getting 20-30 tiny seeds in each eye that may require a vet to clean them out. The seeds can scratch the eye and cause a simple thing to become a deal that can lay your dog up for awhile due to swelling and irritation. They are hard to get out due to the dog having a membrane that protects their eye that we don't. It tends to trap the seeds.
The best thing to do is what Gatsby suggested but we actually take a squeeze bottle of saline solution for contact lens users with us in the field in addition to water to drink. Every so often wash your dogs eyes out with it so you can get the stuff out before it accumulates and scratches and irritates their eyes. After it rains it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Use a Canine-friendly solution, such as EyeClens are available at most any pet supply store.

To use the eye wash, put the bottle near, but not in, your dog’s eye and squeeze the bottle gently. Be sure that the bottle is angled downward, so that gravity will assist you in flushing out the debris.

Back