Dog names and tributes

All my female dogs get Irish girls names (don't know why I started this ) and my one male Britt I had was named after his grandfather.
Allie- Britt
Maddie- Choc Lab
Ellie- Britt
Ryanne- Choc Lab
Rufus Bear-Britt
Daisy Rae- Choc Lab
Lizzie-Choc Lab
Maggie- Yellow Lab

I use Seinfeld names as a tribune to the greatest TV show of all time.

Cosmo is the current one being used.

I might go with Newman or Banya or Puddy next.

I have a hunting buddy who just purchased a puppy from me. He has hunted over all of my Golden's and his favorite was my first dog named Ruby. Ruby was a small 45# budle of energy who never quit in the field. Fast forward a few years. I kept a pup I named Roxy out of Ruby. I kept a pup Reba out of Roxy. Reba had a litter and my buddy purchased a pup out of her litter and asked if he could name that dog Ruby! I said absolutely, I am honored he is going to keep those memories alive. Looking forward to hunting over that girl in the years to come. By the way I also have a pup from Reba, her name is Randi. Yes I know "R's" but I like a name you can yell in the field. Anybody else have a particular dog name that has sentimental value to you? How do you name your dogs?
Lol. We have a list of names we’ve built over the years for our dogs. Mostly girls names as they our preferred companions. When a new pup comes along we get the list out again. My last girl “Rita” was born on cinco de mayo. Her name came from Margarita or Seniorita- Rita!
Each has special memories!

Max A'Million right there in my avatar. We lost Max in September, just short of his 14th birthday. I don't have the heart to change the picture yet. We've also got Ruby Sue (as in Vacation). She's a nine year old L&W Brittany.

Both of them were named by the kids.

Back