Dog Dies While At Trainer

Definitely. As someone else mentioned, the video could have been sent to the owner explaining "They aren't grasping whoa training, this is the response I keep getting. What would you like me to do?"

Certainly some context is missing with the video. I'm sure the trainer didn't send JUST the video with no explanation, and the dog owner hasn't said (in the article at least) what, if any, context was provided. No matter what though, a bad and sad deal for the dog owner.
That makes more sense..

I have never heard of this trainer or kennel probably because I am a retriever guy, he might be the best or the worst trainer for all I know.

I think we are seeing to small a portion of the video to really get a feel for what happened. Maybe the dog was being FF'd as it appears to have a toe hitch attached. I agree the dog looks very unstable, whether from unfair training practices or from a mental issue? Possibly it just cant handle the pressure of FF, maybe the trainer sent this video to the owner to show what he is up against? I honestly have no opinion other than what I see makes no sense. I know some dogs are not capable of kennel life and the pressures of training. No trainer wants to make the call saying your dog doesn't have what it takes, as the owner usually pushes back because we all think our dogs are perfect.... But some dogs just aren't.
Took my first setter/hunting dog to a trainer. At some point during the training or towards the end he told me that my dog was a “devil dog” and was just crazy. It was my first dog and I had high hopes and was a little bit offended. That being said he did his best with what he had. Get my second dog and it had a totally different temperament. Now I understood what he meant by a devil dog. Sad deal, a no win situation for both sides.

My only experience with pro trainers is in the retrieving world. To make a living you need to train a lot of dogs. To train a lot of dogs you have to be efficient. What I have seen is that a dog that does not fit in the easily trained profile gets the short shift. The vast majority of their dogs come out fine, but those dogs would probably come out fine with some book reading and you tube videos.

Dogs like kids sometimes require special effort to train. Unfortunately some teachers/trainers either don't know how to go about that or chose not too.

I had a dog with a trainer for 2 months and couldn't get the goal accomplished that I got done in a week. I only put the dog with the trainer so I could have more time with 2 other dogs and so I could pick his brain. I know the dog got training because I was there multiple times.

Pretty telling that after seeing the video of the dog she didn't go get her or at least arrange for someone to get the pup. If she was out of town she should have found someone if the video bothered her much as the news report said. The more I think about this the more it smells.

If I ever thought one of my dogs was being harmed or mistreated in any way I would resolve the situation no matter what. And I bet damn near all of us reading this would do the same!

Last edited:
Yeah, and then the tears and all the “ he was my best friend I loved him more than anything omg he was my whole world blah blah”

Trainer has removed his Facebook, website, everything off the internet it appears. This is terrible if this guy is innocent, his whole life has been pretty much destroyed.

Last edited:
Yeah, and then the tears and all the “ he was my best friend I loved him more than anything omg he was my whole world blah blah”

Trainer has removed his Facebook, website, everything off the internet it appears. This is terrible if this guy is innocent, his whole life has been pretty much destroyed.
Looks like the court of public opinion has found him guilty, right or wrong.

Back