Dog bludgeoned to death.

I just read on another sight that after being released from jail, the police took this guy to a mental health facility in Pierre. Can anyone comfirm this????

Make no mistake about it "mental health" would not be an ongoing issue for anyone who tried to harm one of my dogs. I will not let someone who hurts my dogs or my family walk away.

Make no mistake about it "mental health" would not be an ongoing issue for anyone who tried to harm one of my dogs. I will not let someone who hurts my dogs or my family walk away.

NO kidding. That point has been well made sir. I would simply like the rest of the story.

Update on dog killer

Here is the update found on the Sioux Falls Argus Leader newspaper

BURBANK — A South Dakota man accused of using a hammer to beat his neighbor’s dog to death now faces a felony charge.

Sixty-one-year-old Robert Kyte of Burbank is charged with intentional damage to property. Clay County State’s Attorney Teddi Gertsema tells the Press & Dakotan newspaper that the charge is a felony because of the value of the German shorthair pointer.

Kyte earlier had been charged with a misdemeanor for the alleged killing of the dog in its kennel late last month. If he’s convicted of both charges he could face up to three years in prison and fines totaling $7,000.
Kyte is free after posting $500 bond. A telephone listing for him is not in service.

Information from: Yankton Press and Dakotan, http://www.yankton.net/

WOW.....after thinking about this for about ten minutes and being aware of what our dogs mean to our family, I can't imagine being in the position of the woman who found this happening out her back door. I'm sure the kids were traumatized and will never forget it. Hopefully they didn't see anything.

I would like to say I handeled it in a civilized manner.......but I can't. I don't think I would have been able to be....completely....in control. This is way over the line. It turn my stomach.:(

Has any more been said about this guy? Some friends of mine that I told about this were asking if there has,I told them I'd ask about it.

This just made me Sick

When the guy goes to the Kennel (JAIL).

I hope some fellow inmate who love animals.....takes this scrum as "His prison Pet" complete with leash, and a whole dose of prison loving.

And just when he (the scrum) begins to complain (bark). I hope he meets his own personal Hammer.

Has any more been said about this guy? Some friends of mine that I told about this were asking if there has,I told them I'd ask about it.

I did read something recently that in addition to the misdemeanor charge of killing a pet they were prosecuting him on a felony charge of distroying property which could get him up to 5 years. If I find the article I'll post it here.

I researched the more local newspaper (Yankton Press & Dakotan) and it said about the same thing so I guess we will have to wait until the 5th of Aug to see what happens next to this POS.
I do know that when the owner of the dog moved in several people told him to beware of this guy and that his young childern are now afraid to go outdoors alone.

anyone hear of TAR AND FEATHERS:mad:

Very sad. Nothing this dog could have done ( if anything actually was) could warrant a death such as this.

Someone needs to make the rest of this SOB's life a living hell.

Last edited:
i read something on line that the man has serious mental issues and it was known around the town.

Mental illness is the most undiagnosed and untreated illness there is. Many insurance company's won't even pay for treatment. Our streets are full of people like him. It's sad that the dog and it's owners family had to be his victim before something is finally done to help the man and get him off the streets.

Up date

Here is the latest

BURBANK, S.D. -- A southeast South Dakota man accused of using a hammer to beat his neighbor's dog to death has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.

Clay County State's Attorney Teddi Gertsema tells The Press & Dakotan newspaper that 61-year-old Robert Kyte of Burbank will plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges related to the killing of the animal.

Kyte faces up to one year and jail and a $2,000 fine. He also must pay restitution to the dog's owners. His next court appearance is slated for Aug. 23.

Owners Shayne and Kim Ludwig say their hunting dog named Shy was gentle and barked only if someone was trespassing on their property

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/bu...6d3-11e0-97dc-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1V6eWtQuo

I think he got off a little to easy

So, let's just address the restitution portion of the sentence. I know that my dog is priceless to me, however let's break this down in terms that a lame legal court system can address.
for purposes I will use the hard $$$ numbers of my 2 year old lab.

Restitution

initial cost of pup.....................$1000.00
feeding per year........................$998.00 X 2yr
vet bills....................................$300.00
training up to this point (2yrs)....$9000.00

total........................................$12296 and this is just for my young dog.

Will this fellow be awarded anywhere near this for his devastating loss by the courts......I doubt it...what a shame.
As I revisit this topic, I grief the loss of one of my buddy's dogs, which was killed on Saturday night.....see thread (This really sucks) in dog section.

To those of us, who deeply care for these animals /athletes.....They are indeed PRICELESS.

Here is the latest

Kyte faces up to one year and jail and a $2,000 fine. He also must pay restitution to the dog's owners. His next court appearance is slated for Aug. 23.

Owners Shayne and Kim Ludwig say their hunting dog named Shy was gentle and barked only if someone was trespassing on their property

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/bu...6d3-11e0-97dc-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1V6eWtQuo

Mental illness is the most undiagnosed and untreated illness there is. Many insurance company's won't even pay for treatment. Our streets are full of people like him. It's sad that the dog and it's owners family had to be his victim before something is finally done to help the man and get him off the streets.

What he said.:10sign:

Back