Does South Dakota law enforcement use pheasant decoys?

What constitutional protection is the use of a game decoy infringing upon? Entrapment is a affirmative defense to criminal prosecution for a crime, and the courts have upheld that the use of game decoys to catch violators is a legitimate law enforcement method, not entrapment.
Militarize the police? As citizens we want to and can purchase any caliber high power rifle, magazines of high capacity, tannerite, thermal imaging optics, NVG optics and target illuminators,even ballistic protection, etc....but yet if law enforcement has this equipment to address the threats they face to perform their duties, it's "militarizing" them?
We get it. You like licking the bottom of a boot. Founders and Framers didn't even want a standing army let alone a "police force" with MRAPs. You can't have freedom and a large police force with great power. If you can't comprehend that, I can break it down further.

I don't want poachers or criminals. That being said, plenty of crime out there. They don't need to create a situation for a crime to take place. Today's law enforcement is like most of society....lazy.

We get it. You like licking the bottom of a boot. Founders and Framers didn't even want a standing army let alone a "police force" with MRAPs. You can't have freedom and a large police force with great power. If you can't comprehend that, I can break it down further.

I don't want poachers or criminals. That being said, plenty of crime out there. They don't need to create a situation for a crime to take place. Today's law enforcement is like most of society....lazy.
Masculinity started its decline when we decided to pay someone to protect our families and fight our wars. Now you can go to jail for protecting yourself.. We've come a long way.. the wrong way.. anyway, let's talk about pheasants!!

Yawn. More assumptions or name calling about this boot licking thing.
I'm aware of the debates the Founding Fathers and authors of the Declaration of Independence had regarding the uniting of the 13 colonies, Preamble to the Constitution and development of the first 10 Amendments.
I have a background that includes the study and application of constitutional law as well as the safeguarding of constitutional guarantees.
One of those is the fact that you and I can have different opinions and have conversations about them, even on a public forum, based on our differing backgrounds, educations, experiences, and/or demographics of where we live.
I also believe in treating people, even those I don't see eye to eye with on topics, and their opinions with respect and fairness....not name calling or catches phrases for my perceptions of their opinions.

Anyways, enjoy your time in the outdoors and be safe. One thing I know we will agree on is that life is too short and our hunting dogs are always gone too soon......

Last edited:
I know a landowner that would save the carcass of a pheasant, shove some low velocity tannerite in it's body cavity, glue it back together, shove a rod into it and set it well into his property in ND. He would set it out on the weekends, and he said it was never much of a wait until a road hunter got a big surprise.

I saw one ready to go, looked like crap up close.

Obviously not legal...on the landowner and the hunter.
A fun story but I'm not sure that a couple of BBs from a shotgun would trigger tannerite.

A fun story but I'm not sure that a couple of BBs from a shotgun would trigger tannerite.
I was always under the impression that it had to be hit with high velocity rifle rounds. But youtube and the interwebs definitely have some going boom with birdshot. IDK, i don't think he was full of it.

A few years ago I was profiled three times over 3 months or so. One in my county so I played hardball.

Pulled over turning west onto a highway. Figured he followed me from a restaurant. Anyways he hits the cherries on the larger busy road 🤔

I pull over. He comes up to my drivers door. His officer in training my passenger door. He says he pulled me over because I did not have my headlights on. Well it is 30 min or so before dark. Facing west I could barely see ahead.

Enough. I told him this. He took my license and ran it. Clean not even a speeding ticket

Comes back to hand me license. I say not so fast. I need your badge number and full name for my formal complaint. He is taken back but complies…

Police are great and they have helped me out on occasion and I respect them much. Profile stops are not legal in the USA

A few years ago I was profiled three times over 3 months or so. One in my county so I played hardball.

Pulled over turning west onto a highway. Figured he followed me from a restaurant. Anyways he hits the cherries on the larger busy road 🤔

What profile did you fit? One of those ne'er do well, Brittany owner, troublemaker types?

Back