Deer Poaching Help

Turned in an idiot last night for shinning. He was such an idiot that he shut off his light when he saw me coming and took off like a rocket. So I turned around to follow and called the warden. He was stopped at the corner when I got to him and his wheel had fallen off the left front. I called the officer back and told them he would be easy to find.

This Crap fires me up to!!! we have seen signs where a deer was poached on our ground last years . The skull had a v notch cut out of it .

A good friend of mine hunting our ground said in the last half hour of shooting like he heard 8 trucks come buy are property and he could tell from the sound of the dirt and gravel that once they got to the timbered area they slowed down a bunch .

I think this year it would be more fun to catch poachers and set things strait than shoot a big deer .

If anybody knows the process of contacting the Game warden and setting up a sting I would like to know ?

As with all violations, a call to 911 will get an officer dispatched to address what is going on. You need to be a good witness without exposing yourself to undue danger. Place, vehicle description, occupant description, direction of travel and what activities they are doing should all be in the report. You can call your regional Wildlife and Parks office (Hays, Wichita, Topeka, Dodge City, and Chanute) and get the number for your county Conservation Officer for your cel phone. If we won't protect what we consider valuable and sacred, who will. Our wildlife laws are quite generous while still protecting our wildlife populations from overharvest. It is easy to stay within the law and still have adequate meat in the freezer to feed ourselves through the year.

Back