De Smet Area

Cinchy

Talked to the farmers I hunt on close to De Smet & they say they have not been putting any birds up while combineing beans? They had not started their corn, I know that sometimes makes a difference? Was wondering if it will be worth the trip this year or should I look for a different area? It is only a week till I start my trip so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Talked to the farmers I hunt on close to De Smet & they say they have not been putting any birds up while combineing beans? They had not started their corn, I know that sometimes makes a difference? Was wondering if it will be worth the trip this year or should I look for a different area? It is only a week till I start my trip so any info would be greatly appreciated!

I don't realy know but I hear that is a hard hit area, you might want to look further west.

We were preparing our lodge for 2nd weekend today and saw a lot of roosters along side the road around Miller. We spotted about 25 roosters, all big and only 1 hen. My brother's wife said they haven't seem much on the way back and forth to chuch like they have the last few years. Most of the guys are just starting to hit the corn. I have seen more than a few juvenile roosters just starting to spot while driving my schwanns truck between Faulkton & Miller. Not as many as last year, but it looks like the fields will be harvested. That is pretty much the opposite for the last few years. It seems like west is the way to go this year to ensure you get a good volume of birds. I do think, that if you can shoot, you will do OK.

Back