Continuous chest compression CPR, a MUST watch

Yes ONPOINT, This method of cpr has been the standard for several years. Thank you for posting this as many members may have not heard of this method. I only know because One of my best freinds is a doctor. :thumbsup:

I'm going to sticky this thread... because it is that useful. Thanks for posting onpoint. Saving lives is more important than any other thread on this forum. Please take the six minutes to watch the video ladies and gentlemen.. it could mean life or death.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

DO one better go take a course and keep it current it is well worth it. I also carry a mouth protector on my belt. Make sure you know how to use CPR. Because when it happens you will need everything you learned. Been there.

Lazlo

Standard CPR is great too Lazlo... it has saved countless lives, but what if the two were combined (if applicable - say three on a hunt and one goes down). Common sense says one using this method and one breathing for the victim would be the best of both worlds. Just something else to think about.

Standard CPR is great too Lazlo... it has saved countless lives, but what if the two were combined (if applicable - say three on a hunt and one goes down). Common sense says one using this method and one breathing for the victim would be the best of both worlds. Just something else to think about.
you're right I am trained in both ways the later with 2 breaths is still better. But the thought is( I was told) people would do chest compressions rather than breathing. That is where the mouth piece comes in. A friend of mine got hepitis from a man in a resturant.

what happened to spell check????

I hope none of us ever need to perform this CPR but if anybody does. I hope this sticky helped them save someones life.

Thank you Wildcat for making this a sticky

Onpoint

Good timing OP. About a week ago I was dragging a deer back to the truck. Had to pull it alone, with a slight incline for about a 1/2 mile.

As my heart was about to pound out of my chest I said to myself "I can't believe more hunters don't have heart attacks from this". Maybe they do?

Something to consider is to have someone help with such tasks, even if your still fairly young. It's not worth becoming coyote food.;)

Hum the BeeGee's 'staying alive' song as you do compressions... this will get you to the speed needed for an adult. Hope you are in shape as this is a WORK OUT! compressions first, then airway. What is always in my mind while doing cpr is 'the person is clinically dead, I can do no harm and possibly help'. Don't worry about breaking the person's ribs (this WILL happen), if spontaneous circulation returns, broken ribs can heal. I always have aspirin in the truck too, if chest pain starts, chew one or two and get to medical care asap so cpr doesn't have to be performed!

Speaking of CPR.... is anyone aware if there are any requirements for hunting and fishing guides to have First Aid Training or EMT certification? Seems like EMT certification would be a great selling point for a guide.

I want to die with my boots on but go ahead and give me CPR in case I have another field left in me. :D

A guy I played hockey with collapsed on the bench from a heart attack and thankfully most of the players knew this type of CPR and were able to bring him back twice before the paramedics arrived! CPR was administered on the bench. He is slowly recovering and has a long road ahead as he has suffered some brain damage due to lack of oxygen. Everyone going into the field hunting should know this just might save yours or your buddy/family members life, Onpoint thanks for posting.

I'll jump on the band wagon here. CPR saves lives! I have personally given CPR twice as a non-paid volunteer. The first was on a co-worker as eight people stood there in shock, afraid to act.

The second was on a stranger in a store, I turned into an aisle and he was down and out. He died 8 hours later. Turns out he was a close friend of a friend.

My co-worker survives today, December 9th marks 12 years.

The major point here is "Mindset" be prepared to jump into action, without you they are already dead. You can't make it worse, only better! Prepare to get a workout, you will be sweating like a pig on a spit.

Back