Coming along

carptom1

IMG_2101.MOV
https://forum.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/media/img_2101-mov.31/

Raven is at the end of gun acclimation. Starting to shoot quail over her now. She has a great deal of drive and is really responding to training. After hunting with flushing labs the last probably thirty years I decided to try something different. I am both excited and apprehensive of hunting with a young dog. I am sure there will be a learning curve for sure.

with fewer birds a pointing breed may be the ticket

It's really fun to watch how they progress. I am in similar shoes with a 7 mo. yellow lab pup. It's been 8 years since I had my last pup
and I'm hoping that Brady can help me train Tucker. Good luck with your pup training.
Tom

It's really fun to watch how they progress. I am in similar shoes with a 7 mo. yellow lab pup. It's been 8 years since I had my last pup
and I'm hoping that Brady can help me train Tucker. Good luck with your pup training.
Tom

Thanks after thirty years of Labs I have switched it up a bit. The puppy stage about wore us out but she is settling down some now.

Thanks after thirty years of Labs I have switched it up a bit. The puppy stage about wore us out but she is settling down some now.
Of the 8 lab pups we have had, Tucker is the wildest. He is a handful but like your situation, he is starting to calm down some. It helps that he can now spend more time with us and the other two dogs in the rest of the house and bedroom without getting in too much trouble. We had a good day training today with five chukar that I planted individually in a release cage.

Of the 8 lab pups we have had, Tucker is the wildest. He is a handful but like your situation, he is starting to calm down some. It helps that he can now spend more time with us and the other two dogs in the rest of the house and bedroom without getting in too much trouble. We had a good day training today with five chukar that I planted individually in a release cage.

It’s fun to watch them start to understand what is going on. Raven was at the trainer for 5 weeks. It was good bird exposure for her and I am glad I did it. She has settled down quite a bit, but that first night back was insane, she was so excited to be home. It will be interesting to see how she does here in a few weeks.

Back