Climate change.....PLEASE!!!!

Gatzby

I had no idea that "global warming" and "hell freezing over" meant the same thing. It's 1:00 pm and -19 degrees with windchill readings around -45.
Al Gore you are a jerk for promising global warming!!!

PS all my training buddies cancelled what a bunch of wussies

I'm with your buddies. Screw training in this weather! Ice fishing Saturday was bad enough. NW wind covering the holes. Get your hands wet in those conditions and it's painful. Hard to drink a beer when the bottle freezes to your lips. Forecast for the coming weekend is for a potential to see 30*. I'm looking forward to that! Heat wave!

Why

do you think it's now called Climate Change"???

It's all about control & making money "permitting" you to do what you've always done. Please "Wake UP!"

Actually it's Bush's fault!

Last edited:
Ooooooouch! That's a good one!

Actually the Cowboys suck because of JJ.

No the Texas Cowboys just, suck because of Tony Romo, and the rest of them bums. LOL :D If your not a Wyoming Cowboy then you are just a poser. LOL HAHAHAHA :D

Had a friend competing in a sled dog race Saturday thru Monday. 25 to35 below plus wind chill. He said no diesels pickups started Sunday morning and his antifreeze was slush, it tested good to 35 below. I asked how the dogs did in the cold, and he said the only problem was they piss on the fly and get wet so guess what freeses on the dogs. Cant imagine

If you climb on the roof in MN and p it will freeze before it hits the ground. Cool as heck when your bored. But the neighbors wonder whats up with ya when it's 60 below wind chill. Positive side is I own the worlds largest freezer 4 months a year, and save on ice for the beer. And I don't have yard work for 6 months other then playing dog dung golf with frozen cable and a 9 iron.:D

No way the viking could cause global warming. But I hear they are the reason for obama care. They said they spend so much on rehabing players theres no way to keep cost down. Thats why the gov't had to step in:eek::D. damn vikings:mad:

No way the viking could cause global warming. But I hear they are the reason for obama care. They said they spend so much on rehabing players theres no way to keep cost down. Thats why the gov't had to step in:eek::D. damn vikings:mad:

Roflol Cootie your killing me. Thats funny as heck. :thumbsup::cheers:

This subject really gets my goat. Its prue dem Bs. You ever wonder why the plants along the highways are always greener than the rest of the landscape???

I'll tell you why Its simple. Plants need carbon dioxide for photosynthesis. If you don't think so then you need to go back to school. Its part of the plants Photosynthesis. It helps not hurt. :)

Climate change, global warming and Jesus

For those that just can't touch or see it with their eye's...doesn't mean it's not there.

In the end, if you take the sure thing and plan for all of the above. If their true, your future is safe. If you choose to ignore and be a non believer and their true. Your *&^%.

:)

Have any of you guy's ever watched video of china? Or been to Los Angeles in the 70's before there were emisson controls on cars? Pumping pollutants to that degree, at the very least, doesn't make our enviroment better. Man why does everyone alway's have to be on one extreme or another. I love it when some of my buddies make statements like " just leave industry alone it will police itself. " Yea um big business will rape everything for a buck, then say i'm sorry and pay a small fine. Happens all the time. I work with the EPA frequently. They are as bad as big business. They are big business. As alway's I think there should be some middle ground in all of this. But to act like we don't need to show some responsibility and change some is irresponsible IMO. I do like the fact the grass is greener in the ditch because of the vehicle's carbon monoxide. That's a good one:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Our little human brains really can't comprehend how long a billion years is. :confused:
This Earth is 5 billions years old or so. :eek:
There has been more climate changes in Earths history then we can count.

Humans have been here for less then a wink. We don't have a clue.

To say Humans are influencing climate change, well I guess?
If I take a p in Lake Superior I could say for sure. (I just raised the water level)
Nobody can argue that it's not true.
Insignificant for sure, but true. :cheers:

Where's Al Gore now? Seems he's been AWOL and out of the limelight for quite some time.

Global warming. Please..... give me a break......:rolleyes:

Our little human brains really can't comprehend how long a billion years is. :confused:
This Earth is 5 billions years old or so. :eek:
There has been more climate changes in Earths history then we can count.

Humans have been here for less then a wink. We don't have a clue.

To say Humans are influencing climate change, well I guess?
If I take a p in Lake Superior I could say for sure. (I just raised the water level)
Nobody can argue that it's not true.
Insignificant for sure, but true. :cheers:

What if 10 people pee?
or 100?
a 1000?
1 million?
How insignificant is that?

When does it start to make a difference? The problem is most of us can't look past our own little corner of the world. Sure whether or not I recycle or not has little effect. Just like keeping my thermostat at 67 instead of 70. But when a million people do or don't it has a great impact. I don't know how much of this stuff I believe or not. But I certainly try to do what I can to lessen my impact. I certainly at least try to see where some aternatives could be viable.

What if 10 people pee?
or 100?
a 1000?
1 million?
How insignificant is that?

When does it start to make a difference? The problem is most of us can't look past our own little corner of the world. Sure whether or not I recycle or not has little effect. Just like keeping my thermostat at 67 instead of 70. But when a million people do or don't it has a great impact. I don't know how much of this stuff I believe or not. But I certainly try to do what I can to lessen my impact. I certainly at least try to see where some aternatives could be viable.

Yea sure Tom,

No one said you have to pollute, or not care for the the earth. But the hole CC scam and green movement is just away for the gov to tax the hell out of us. Its a scam. You force industry to make changes to " Help " clean up Some made up carbon foot print problem. thats made up and Bs. So what does the business do they leave the country, and people lose there jobs. The EPA needs to go. The don't protect anything they just cause problem. They are part of the problem in this country Imho.

Tom,

You do the same thing I do for a living on a smaller scale but do you have to deal with OSHA. Another over extending Goverment Pain in the ass. They make some of my jobs almost Impossible to build. That runs up the cost of the build and lowers the profit. Hell Its so bad lately your luck to break even.:mad:

Ok LOL done ranting. LOL

Yea sure Tom,

No one said you have to pollute, or not care for the the earth. But the hole CC scam and green movement is just away for the gov to tax the hell out of us. Its a scam. You force industry to make changes to " Help " clean up Some made up carbon foot print problem. thats made up and Bs. So what does the business do they leave the country, and people lose there jobs. The EPA needs to go. The don't protect anything they just cause problem. They are part of the problem in this country Imho.

Tom,

You do the same thing I do for a living on a smaller scale but do you have to deal with OSHA. Another over extending Goverment Pain in the ass. They make some of my jobs almost Impossible to build. That runs up the cost of the build and lowers the profit. Hell Its so bad lately your luck to break even.:mad:

Ok LOL done ranting. LOL

Jmac,

We can argue about this all day. But we are really not that far apart. Absolutely Osha, the EPA, Lead based paint regulations, asbestos, all of those things have become overly intrusive and cut into our bottom line severely. All of those need to be reined in. Add to that the any federal money we get is subject to Davis Bacon Rules. It sucks. It takes up a bunch of my time. All of those things when started were needed. OSHA came about because rich developers would subject there workers to unsafe working conditions to further there bottom line. Ever watch a trench collapse and see a couple guys crushed in an unsafe, un shored trench? I have. The problem is once created it became just another poorly run governmental agency. I work with many from the green sector. It is pretty big in the area where I work. Has it's own name. The Geen Impact Zone. It is the pet project of Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver. Your right it is a joke. It was a collossal waste of taxpayer money. But many of the offshoots of it have worked. Slowly but surely this area is getting a little better. I agree the carbon footprint thing is kinda goofy. Green energy, solar,wind etc are not going anywhere. Sure coal is cheaper. Sure corn for fuel is probably a bad Idea. There is no way you can be convinced pumping all kinds of crap into the atmosphere is a good idea. Something will have to give. We have only been doing this for a hundred years or so. Nobody really knows what the damage is. Me and you will probably never know.

Back