Choice of Guns at PF banquet

RoosterTim

My company has decided to be a sponsor at this years pheasants forever banquet and with the sponsor comes a free gun. The options are as follows:

1. Benelli Nova 28" 12 ga
2. Stoeger Condor O/U 28" 12 ga
3. Stoeger Condor O/U 24" 28 ga
4 CZ 720 Semi Auto 12 ga
5. Winchester Super X Pump 12 ga

So many options. I'm perplexed of which way to go. :confused:

Does anybody have an favorites from this list?

Winchester, Cz, or benelli. Stoeger is pure junk. None of which are any of my favorites. I have heard good things about the Cz but have never shot one. Winchester and Benelli are good choices.

Last edited:
How much are they charging to sponsor a table and what all does that include? We're in the planning stage for our Denver banquet on March 14, 2015 and were just talking about table sponsor prices the other day.
Thanks,
Tom

Following up on the Pheasants Forever banquet theme, we're trying to freshen up our games for our March 14, 2015 Denver banquet. Last year we tried to make the games more interactive--spin a wheel, drop a Plinko token, roll dice, play cards, etc--something more fun than handing over a $10 or whatever and getting a raffle ticket. I'm the co-chairman for games and the gun prize chairman.

Can you think back to the banquets you've attended and recall any games that you thought were really cool and that encouraged you to open up your wallets?

Also what types of gun prizes would you like to see: shotguns (of course), pistols, traditional hunting rifles, modern sporting rifles (AR type), black powder? I thought about offering a side by side last year but chickened out-wasn't sure if there would be enough interest. We try to offer a mix of gun types and in shotguns a variety of values in O/U, SemiAuto, and pump-usually in 12GA and 20GA only. I've been reluctant to offer less popular gauges of 16, 28 and .410.

Thanks for any tips or advice and if you plan to be in the Denver area on March 14, 2015, I hope that you'll consider coming to our banquet.
Tom

Following up on the Pheasants Forever banquet theme, we're trying to freshen up our games for our March 14, 2015 Denver banquet. Last year we tried to make the games more interactive--spin a wheel, drop a Plinko token, roll dice, play cards, etc--something more fun than handing over a $10 or whatever and getting a raffle ticket. I'm the co-chairman for games and the gun prize chairman.

Can you think back to the banquets you've attended and recall any games that you thought were really cool and that encouraged you to open up your wallets?

Also what types of gun prizes would you like to see: shotguns (of course), pistols, traditional hunting rifles, modern sporting rifles (AR type), black powder? I thought about offering a side by side last year but chickened out-wasn't sure if there would be enough interest. We try to offer a mix of gun types and in shotguns a variety of values in O/U, SemiAuto, and pump-usually in 12GA and 20GA only. I've been reluctant to offer less popular gauges of 16, 28 and .410.

Thanks for any tips or advice and if you plan to be in the Denver area on March 14, 2015, I hope that you'll consider coming to our banquet.
Tom

I was once co-chairman of our local DU chapter. One year we bought 25 small wood carved duck decoys for a raffle. We charged $10.00 per decoy for, if I remember correctly, was a cheap $100.00 .22 rifle with a DU medallion in the stock. They sold out in 5 minutes or so. The next year we bought 50 decoys, sold them for the same price for a youth Mossburg 20ga. Shotgun. They sold out just as fast as the last year. The second year we didn't announce the decoy/shotgun raffle until halfway thru the banquet. It was a mad dash to get in line for a dang cheap decoy. If you can't tell, the idea was extremely popular.
Why were they so popular? Because even though 24 and 49 people didn't win the gun, they still came away with a $1.00 carved and painted duck decoy. Our DU Rep. really came thru for us with those decoys. I'm sure you could do the same with a pheasant carving.

CZ guns for PF Chapters

RoosterTim,

Please PM me as we have a special deal tp help PF chapters with Banquet guns. I am only in town this week then off to SHOT.

BTW...I would opt for the new CZ Sharptail in 28 gauge:cheers:

Thanks Cowan. At least one of our "games" this year will be a souvenir game-buy a souvenir and get a raffle ticket. We just haven't figured out what the souvenirs or gun will be.
POL

Sell playing cards. I think there was two decks of cards sold for $5 each and two of the aces were auctioned off. Then through out the night cut cards and the card you show eliminates that card. You end up with four in the end, Two from the $5 cards and the two aces. Again you cut cards to the last one.

Back