Chicagoland hunters with dogs?

kvoils

Hello! I am a newer hunter in Chicago hoping to connect with folks in the area with dogs that would be open to hunting with me a couple of times this year. While I had a couple experiences hunting pheasants as a kid, I really only this year started hunting in earnest as an adult in my early 30s. I've attended two of the IDNR wingshooting clinics this year and did some dove and turkey hunting, and I am really excited to get out in the field to hunt more birds this year. I'll be happy enough to go out on my own, but I think it would be great to meet some folks and also get a little experience hunting with an upland dog so that I could start to consider whether getting a dog after a couple of years of hunting might be a good fit for me.

I currently have two permits, one at the Des Plaines CPHA this weekend on 11/4, and then a free upland game permit to hunt at Sibley on 12/10, but am definitely open to other dates and locations. Also, I would at the very least cover the permit cost and a meal for anyone who would bring a dog out with me.

Hi there
I'm also a new hunter in Chicago and USA since I live here for the last 8 years. I have a lot of experience because I start hunting with my father since I was 12 years old. I'm also hoping to connect with someone and get out in the field.

If you fellas are good with a 7-8 hour drive, I can hook you up. Had a high school friend come from the Chi-suburbs this pass weekend for a couple mornings of pheasant hunting, but I also had him help me pull all the flags, buckets and tomatoes cages from my garden...a good trade...I would have been hunting anyway! The normal cost is buying my wife and I dinner, which he did also! It was appreciated.

Back