Cats kill

I had a big old tom cat who had a fresh kill everyday. One if his favorite snacks were king snskes.:eek: Where he found them I'll never know, never saw one around the house and haven't seen on since he passed.:confused:

Several years ago, Wisconsin tried to pass a law to allow for the shooting of feral cats. They held public meetings on it, and the places were packed with old cat ladies, and the change in law to allow shooting them never passed, despite much similar data being provided about how Fluffy is a killing machine.

Not too many of the guys I know carry a little bag of kitty treats or a yarn ball toy in their pockets with them when they're out hunting, if you know what I mean.

Yes cats are excellent predators. That is why I keep several around and well fed at all times. They are an absolutely needed here to keep the mice and other critters under control.

Yep, have to have a barn cat if you live in the country.

Away from the buildings. The only good cat is a dead cat.

My cats are all Toms and I use a green cheerio on their balls. I have banded many cats for folks. They stay right here by the buildings. Any cat found out in the wild well I'm hunting, is pushing up daisy's.

Away from the buildings. The only good cat is a dead cat.

My cats are all Toms and I use a green cheerio on their balls. I have banded many cats for folks. They stay right here by the buildings. Any cat found out in the wild well I'm hunting, is pushing up daisy's.

If it is my cat on my land it is none of your business and it best be left alone.

The worst cat on birds is the female with a litter to feed.
If You love cats get em fixed, keep em in the house.:cheers:

The worst cat on birds is the female with a litter to feed.
If You love cats get em fixed, keep em in the house.:cheers:

AMEN! all our cats are fixed. Nothing worse then some farmer who just lets them breed, litters of cats under everything. My neighbor is like that. He left another neighbor watch the place well they went to Indiana. He shot over 30 cats well they were gone. No wonder we have no rabbits left around here.

Last edited:
I have two very well fed cats in the house, they don't go outside. Not by my choice mind you. I live in the country. Have land, barns etc etc. I use decon or some other similar poison to keep the mice population down. That kills waaaaay more mice than a cat or snake and I don't have to worry about it. Set out a few boxes and instant mice kill.

Any cats seen around my yard or pastures are immediately dispatched. Also goes for cat while out hunting that are not close to a house. These are feral cats. NOT some old ladies pet that is out in her front yard.

Feral cats are the ultimate predator. I think they kill sometimes just for fun. But it sure is fun turning one inside out with a .223!

Back