Can't find the birds.

Thrasher

Started the season not being able to hit a bird. Last year I did not miss once, and this year I shot two roosters and two quail with a whole box of shells. I have been shooting a lot of trap with a different gun, and think that that probably has a lot to do with my missing with the Maxus. I have gotten the shot down now (on quail), and now can't even find a pheasant.

Drove out just south of Wilson, walked CRP surrounding cut milo. 6 miles and one wild hen. Molly did not even see her she got up so far out.

Four more weekend days to get Molly on more birds. It has been a rough year for us. The areas I have been going seem to have less birds then the last few years. I am seeing a lot more quail then in the past.

Anyone have any advice??

Good gun mount and concentrating on the swing.

Started the season not being able to hit a bird. Last year I did not miss once, and this year I shot two roosters and two quail with a whole box of shells. I have been shooting a lot of trap with a different gun, and think that that probably has a lot to do with my missing with the Maxus. I have gotten the shot down now (on quail), and now can't even find a pheasant.

Drove out just south of Wilson, walked CRP surrounding cut milo. 6 miles and one wild hen. Molly did not even see her she got up so far out.

Four more weekend days to get Molly on more birds. It has been a rough year for us. The areas I have been going seem to have less birds then the last few years. I am seeing a lot more quail then in the past.

Anyone have any advice??

Give up. Try squirl hunting:D

I just might do that in about two weeks!!

Back