Breeding

My pup is only 6 months old, so I have a little while to wait, but wanted to get the info now.

My pup is turning out to be an incredible dog. I want to look into what needs to be done in order to stud him out. I don't know how to go about getting the necessary clearances,etc. and am very blind to things to be aware of and watch out for,etc.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

6 months is pretty early to tell how a dog is going to turn out and to be already of thinking of him as a stud. I'm sure this question will get a variety of responses. If you are interested in breeding your dog the first place I would start with is your breeder of you pup. Breeding is a lot more than just mating 2 dogs that their owners think are good dogs. Bear in mind that there are a glut of dogs for sale. Especially Labs and GSP's. Just look on the internet. Unless your dog has some very special breeding with great dogs in it's pedigree I wouldn't even consider breeding. I have stated on this site before that breeding should be left up to the professionals. Those breeders that are truly in it to enhance the breed.

Back