Brand new bird hunter from WI

Troutbum2

Just wanted to say hello.... I found this site by chance, from eastern Wisconsin, not exactly known for pheasants though I bumbled through last fall (first year for both me and my youtube trained dog). He put up a number of birds, which I promptly missed, I think I heard Maynard (my dog) laughing at me on several occasions. Spent a lot of time on the clay range, bought appropriate clothing and boots as well as a new gun this year. Again brand new to birds but grew up hunting bunnies over beagles. Lots of info here! Looking forward to learning a lot and putting in where I can.

Welcome! I think just about everyone here knows how those first years go and respect that you are sticking with it. Upland bird hunting is simply the best! Look forward to hearing more about your exploits, especially when you and your dog team up on a wary old rooster.

Welcome!

Although I admit to a life-long bias, I think you're going to love the pastime which can last a lifetime.

:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard !!!

Look forward hearing about your hunts, post a picture or two of you and your dog if you get a chance .

Welcome fellow badger

WELCOME - from NE WI here (80 miles N of GB). Yes, I also wish there was better Pheasant hunting in our state but it just isn't so..... I love hunting the wild birds in the Dakotas. I'll be making two trips west again this year. End of Oct. I will be heading to south west North Dakota for six days of hunting. Then I'll be home for four days and will head to south central South Dakota for a short 3 day hunt. Looking forward to it already, have been shooting sporting clays to keep the shooting timing on. Have a membership at a hunt club where I can start the dogs on some birds after the 1st of Oct. Careful of the sickness of chasing the wild Rooster....

WELCOME - from NE WI here (80 miles N of GB). Yes, I also wish there was better Pheasant hunting in our state but it just isn't so..... I love hunting the wild birds in the Dakotas. I'll be making two trips west again this year. End of Oct. I will be heading to south west North Dakota for six days of hunting. Then I'll be home for four days and will head to south central South Dakota for a short 3 day hunt. Looking forward to it already, have been shooting sporting clays to keep the shooting timing on. Have a membership at a hunt club where I can start the dogs on some birds after the 1st of Oct. Careful of the sickness of chasing the wild Rooster....

Oh I don't know, down here, 100 or so miles south of you, there are some birds, some stocked, some wild but they are around. Dakotas numbers? Definitely not but I'll take what's here. A lot of work for a couple flushes a day but I don't complain. Now the grouse hunting is something this area of the country can hang our hats on.

Good luck on your trips!

Back