BMA info available online

calamari

It looks like at least two of the BMAs I hunted last year aren't in the program this year. I hope it's not a trend. Of course I now have a new Mac mini that is much harder to use to get the info from DFWP's website than my old pc so I could be wrong.

I believe so. They have the sign up page to receive them on their website.
All the BMAs I looked at were oriented correctly so I don't know why it was sideways on your computer. Of course, I don't know squat about computers anyway so I'm not the one to help. The cumbersome part for me is that I have to refer back and forth between two pages to pick out the BMA I'm interested in and then actually see a map.

I signed up to get it and the UGBEG also. I hope it comes soon as I will be heading out there soon and I don't like using last years guide.

I requested the information last week. Block Management, upland and open fields stuff.
I expect it to be in the mail by mid week. :cheers:
All BMA's statewide will be in one packet this year.

One fail safe if you use last years guide is that I would imagine that if there are sign in cards at the boxes, it's still available to hunt. I have been to a BMA in the past that withdrew from the program after the hunting season started and they had special notices up at the box locations and on the boundary of the land.
One thing about the BMA program that bothers me is that you write your name address and birthdate on a card and leave it in a box alongside the road. How many of us would give someone that info over the phone let alone put it in an easily identified box in a remote location that's easily opened? I've had my identity used by someone else and it's a very strange feeling when you're told you aren't who you say you are.

Last edited:
I think I see what you mean by having the pages sideways on your screen. It was that way for me too when I got the actual booklet by pdf file. If you look further down the page with that link you should find some links to other ways to look at or print the maps. Don't know if this is helpful but it's free so...

I don't want to risk damaging my brain.:confused:
I'm going to wait for the paper copy.
I am afraid there are a few large and small BMA's dropping out of the program.
From what I gather. Hint, has to do with relocation of the Yellowstone Bison.
I'm not on any side, I have friends, ranching friends.
Some thoughts,:confused: would be "Hey Cool" other thoughts "man!!! talk about opening a can of worms" :eek::eek::eek:

HEY!! I got my packet today. :eek:
Excuse me while I study up this thing. :cheers:

There is a BMA closed. I was afraid of that.
I think there are more? Maybe new ones added?
But anyway it is a big deal to me, It's 25 sq miles or so. :(

Then again it is off the map, I'll stop, ask, sure doesn't mean they won't let the old friends on? :cheers:

Fish and Wildlife just put out a report for Western Mt and pheasant population lower than last year. Last year was bad and below average so guess this new report is terrible.

Thanks for the computer help, thankfully my Access Guide came in the mail. Looks like lots of places still active where I hunt. I will be leaving in about a week, I am trying to make it for opening day. I am also hoping the Open Fields and UGBEA guide shows up before I leave. Sounds like Sharptails did ok this year but you never know until you get there.

Fish and Wildlife just put out a report for Western Mt and pheasant population lower than last year. Last year was bad and below average so guess this new report is terrible.

I have learned a long time ago that, even when bird numbers are way down there are still "honey Holes"
I bet you know that. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the computer help, thankfully my Access Guide came in the mail. Looks like lots of places still active where I hunt. I will be leaving in about a week, I am trying to make it for opening day. I am also hoping the Open Fields and UGBEA guide shows up before I leave. Sounds like Sharptails did ok this year but you never know until you get there.

If you see my rig, make sure you flag me down for a chat. :cheers:

I got my packet today and started to study it a bit. One thing that struck me was all of the "release" sites in the NE area. I was under the impression you fellas were hunting wild birds out there.:D

Quail Hound, those released birds are only to entice people like you to come spend some money. Have fun. :thumbsup:

Quail Hound, those released birds are only to entice people like you to come spend some money. Have fun. :thumbsup:

Haha, not me. I liked the symbol for them, they're already crossed off the map for me.:cheers:

Back