Bluegrass GSPs

CityBoy

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if anybody had any info on the Bluegrass german shorthair kennel in Sebeka MN. I've been looking for a GSP for a while and finally settled on them. Their dogs are only $400 for a male $450 for a female, which is pretty cheap. I've got a $100 deposit on a male to be born in July.
The problem is, I can't figure out why they are so cheap, and the breeders are no help. Emails are answered a few days after I send them, and they have very limited info on their site. Pictures and descriptions of their dogs are 4+ years old, very few pictures. He doesn't even have a picture of the new sire he's using for my litter.
I just was wondering if anybody has a dog from them, or really any info. Just want to make sure I'm getting the right dog.
Thanks

He's got them on his website, but this will be my first dog and I don't really know what I'm looking at. Lots of different kennel names!

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if anybody had any info on the Bluegrass german shorthair kennel in Sebeka MN. I've been looking for a GSP for a while and finally settled on them. Their dogs are only $400 for a male $450 for a female, which is pretty cheap. I've got a $100 deposit on a male to be born in July.
The problem is, I can't figure out why they are so cheap, and the breeders are no help. Emails are answered a few days after I send them, and they have very limited info on their site. Pictures and descriptions of their dogs are 4+ years old, very few pictures. He doesn't even have a picture of the new sire he's using for my litter.
I just was wondering if anybody has a dog from them, or really any info. Just want to make sure I'm getting the right dog.
Thanks

I never see his kennel on forums or breeder lists or "find a breeder" websites. That just makes me wonder sometimes.

Price seems to be right. They do not have any powerhouse trial dogs up close and seem to be more show champions. That doesn't mean your dog isn't going to hunt. Probably a little more laid back in the house. Most reputable breeders know well in advance who the Dam and Sire are going to be and their pups are sold well in advance of the breeding. Sometimes on a waiting list for a year and a half. I think you will be fine with your new pup. At least your not spending a thousand. I have seen some really good dogs bought for less then 400 bucks.

Not familiar with this kennel nor their lines. However, the best way to find out about his dogs would be a first hand visit to see for yourself. Sounds like they double as a game farm and personally, I would have liked to see some of their dogs in action in the field (possibly the dam and or sire if possible) before settling on a breeder that you are unfamiliar with.

I'm sure the dogs are fine, but always nice to know what your getting before you commit a lot of time and money. You may also look into what guarantees they may or may not offer if your not satisfied in any way.

Back