Blue Cliff Pheasants, LLC Karval, CO

retrvrman

I would just like to plug Tom and Brenda out at Blue Cliff. Myself, my best friend, and my 14yr old son went out last Saturday during the blizzard. We got there around 0800hrs. Tom set out the birds. I had my young pointing lab, Remi. Todd had his young 5month old pointing lab Huck. When it was all said and done we had 4 roosters and a chukar.

Gents, these were not your grandpa's typical game bird farm roosters. I mean these guys were BIG :eek: , with long ole tail feathers, they flushed, they ran and I even had one cackle :eek::eek:

We were shooting 7 1/2 and 8's. Remi pointed all but one bird. Heck, the chukar he pointed had not one but three of those rascals bunched together. He pointed, and held point rock solid :thumbsup: Proud of him....

Between fighting the snow blinding us in the eyes and the wind...it was awesome....we will be going back.

Brenda cooked up some good chili with sandwhiches. They are really good folks. They support Wounded Warriors and they offer deals for active military. I know there is Steel Forks, Quail Run, RMR, etc....these guys are small, but they have almost 1,000 acres with nice birds and very laid back.

Greg

Might have to check them out. I've been thinking of doing the preserve hunt thing to get my young (7mo) lab on some birds. Hunting out east is not quite doing the trick this year. Picked a bad year to get a new dog.

Do you have any experience with any of the other preserves around Denver/Colo Springs? I was thinking Quail Run or maybe Steel Fork. I have zero experience with preserve hunting, so any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers,:cheers:

I became a member of Steel Fork last month. I really enjoy the properties and the people. The birds fly good and gives the dog a good workout.

The main thing with Blue Cliff is that YOU DO NOT have to be a member. In other words, membership is not required and there is not a difference in price of birds. Here is the website: http://coloradobluecliffpheasants.com/

Greg

Hmm...might call them as well. Thanks for the recommendations. My dog is currently sitting on top of my hunting boots giving me that WTF look, so I think I need to get out this weekend.:D

Cheers,:cheers:

Back