Bird cleaning in ditches? Your opinion ?

ford

Must have been a great opening week in brule county sd. Within 2 miles of my house 7 different places of feathers, wings and bird gut piles. Then went for a drive to check live traps and saw piles all over on my 43 mile drive. I have worked hard and have spent countless dollars create some great habitat. Only to find some disrespectful people leaving leftovers from pheasants in my ditch along with my neighbors ditches. My neighbors and I are now going to start posting garbage bags around the county. Just have some respect for other people's property!!!! We have enough predators we don't need help inviting more in!!!

Its littering. It gives hunters a bad name and makes a mess out of the country side. Call the TIPS hotline or your local CO.

What a shame Ford, I totally agree with you. Some people do not respect the property of others.

Last edited:
I would hope that if anyone ever sees this happening that they would get a license plate number and call it into TIPS or the local authorities.

It's those type of SLOB hunters that ruin it for the rest of us! :mad:

hunters should have more class!:(

Majority do. We just have to keep cleaning up after the sloppy ones. They will always be out there. Always. That applies to everything in life.

Not that anyone cares, but I have a saying I often share with people---"Even Christ had a Judas". What I mean is all of us, in every situation in life (when dealing with people/others) will find there's a "Judas" in the mix. Christ made due and so should we. Just keep picking up/cleaning up after them as best you can. Such things don't go un-noticed by your fellow man and more importantly, God.

Nick

I saw some of that to while hunting. The game and fish if you read he walkin atlas ask you not to clean birds in the ditches. I would say if you call tips or the fish and game the my would patrol the area. I saw two wardens while I was out

i find a lot of trash along WIHA's in Kansas (not so much SD), i never throw anything out and wherever i stop to hunt i pick up cans, bottles and trash the slob hunters throw out......when i get back to my motel, i throw the plastic filled bags with trash into the motel dumpster.....i usually have 2 full bags. :(

It's that crap that gives hunters and especially out of state hunters a bad name. Why can't people wait till they get home or to their hotel to clean birds into a trash can?! It's not that hard!!

The hotel we stayed at had a nice clean area with a hose. It was real nice to clean birds. They even gave you bags to put your meat in. They really cater to hunters at the local motels. We stayed at Hutches. In Presho.

Back