Best preserves in the state

Ranger6

Guys the season is winding down and I am trying to get my Pup on as many birds as I can this year. I would like to take her out on a few preserve hunts this winter. I usually take her to country hunts just West of Leavenworth but it is a long drive from Fort Riley. Any other preserves in central Kansas you might recommend?

Thanks
Tom

Check out Kansas Creek Gamebirds web site. They are just north of Concordia off U.S. 81. I have had a couple of nice hunts there and their pheasants can really fly.

Guys the season is winding down and I am trying to get my Pup on as many birds as I can this year. I would like to take her out on a few preserve hunts this winter. I usually take her to country hunts just West of Leavenworth but it is a long drive from Fort Riley. Any other preserves in central Kansas you might recommend?

Thanks
Tom

I go to Harding Gamebirds in Ridgeway,Mo. It's about an hour and a half away from KC. Go to Hardinggamebirds.com for more info. They are the best and cheapest around. They are running out of birds. They are sold out of chuckars.

Thanks
Tom

If you're at Ft Riley, you might try McNeil Game Farm. I used to go there every season for a tune up for the dogs, but haven't the last couple years. His birds flew very well.

I also bought a hunt at a charity auction at another place that was North of Wamego or St Mary's, I can't remember the name. It was fine too. If you miss one of his birds, you won't be seeing it again for 1/2 mile!

Cokeley's is NW of Topeka. I have never done a hunt there, but shot clays plenty of times. The owner seems like a good guy and always does right by us when we go there.

The KDWPT website has a list of CSAs and their locations. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you don't have half a dozen within an hour of Ft Riley.

I go to Cokeley's, Will and company are a great bunch i have and do hunt there alot , have shot a ton of his birds and they are great fliers , you don't have to kick them up to get them to fly, they have done great things for my two young dogs , he is reasonable priced and you have no time limit on your hunt if you want to hunt all day you can . i book huts every other weekend when season is closed , just my personal experiences ,

Back