Benelli ethos

RoosterTim

Someone please talk me out of buying one. I can't think of a single reason I don't own one already. I told my wife it's my 40th birthday present and she said go for it. I think this is a trick.

I haven't shot one but they sure are pretty. I went with a monte.. Nicer on the pocket book. The Ethos Shoulders nicely though.

Last edited:
I have handled one a little in the store. It's a pretty sweet feeling gun. If you got permission from the wife, you better buy it.

I can't shoot a Benelli to save my life; however the Ethos sure feels good in hand. Comes up great to POA...good luck with your decision.

I'd definitely not buy one. Can't think of anything that makes a field autoloader worth that kind of money. They DO indeed kick hard BTW, it's well documented by reviews. You asked!

Links to those reviews would be helpful, I own one and barrel jump while tracking target is minimal, and slamming the price does no good...

Slamming the price might not do any good, but high price is surely a consideration when buying, isn't it?

It's just a LOT of money for what it does and doesn't do.

This one is interesting. The guy had to make it an 8 pound gun to be suitable for clay shooting. I don't agree with everything Randy Wakeman writes, but I doubt if anyone has fleshed this out more than these two on the link below. It's an interesting read.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=400473

Have we not lost track of the number of Randy Wakeman's "new, favorite guns"? There's the Citori 425 then 525 then 625 then 725 and then Maxus Hunter and then Beretta A400 Explo and on and on. How many "favorites" can one man have??? Must depend on which manufacturer offers up the most freebees....

I ordered one today. The bank account is going to take a hit but I'm only 40 once. My buddy has one and I shot it several times to make sure this is what I want to do. Gun should be here for Dove season. Super excited to get back out and get some shooting done. Also ready for some cooler temps.

Have we not lost track of the number of Randy Wakeman's "new, favorite guns"? There's the Citori 425 then 525 then 625 then 725 and then Maxus Hunter and then Beretta A400 Explo and on and on. How many "favorites" can one man have??? Must depend on which manufacturer offers up the most freebees....

Randy has some useful stuff, but he's so way off base on much of it and I think he's trying too hard to be "someone" in the firearm industry.

RoosterTim, congratulations and enjoy your Ethos! Should be a great bird gun. Take my prior comments with a grain of salt. If people knew the amount of money I've spent on gun projects I'd be sent in for a mental evaluation.

:cheers:

Back