Begining the annual pilgrimage to Pheasant Mecca

Good luck to all should be a good opener, our group looks like it is down 4 bodies so far but up a young flusher this year. Starting out at 9 am and should arrive on Friday at 10 am in Mitchell to visit the high shrine and make annual contribution, then on to our house by 2 pm. It looks like crops will be mostly down and per the reports that we are hearing the ditches have not been mowed. yeah verily
Glynn

I just got back from Mitchell (last weekend). I love it there:).

Best of luck to anyone hitting the opener this weekend. Safe travels and safe hunting my friends:thumbsup:.

Don't forget to take a few pics for the UPH gang;)

Do not know where you got the misinformation. 95% of sunflowers and corn in all of South Dakota yet to be harvested.

david0311

Good luck to all should be a good opener, our group looks like it is down 4 bodies so far but up a young flusher this year. Starting out at 9 am and should arrive on Friday at 10 am in Mitchell to visit the high shrine and make annual contribution, then on to our house by 2 pm. It looks like crops will be mostly down and per the reports that we are hearing the ditches have not been mowed. yeah verily
Glynn

Plan on over nighting there tonight-if there is a Ford pickup with a Artic Fox camper in the camping area stop by I'll have coffee on--goes for anyone on forum--

Dave C. :cheers:

Glynn

I was at a meeting in Onida last night, I talked to a few guys that had corn down to 14% moisture. So they are combining full speed some flowers are down, some quite green ones left. You are right about the good opener.

Was a good opening week shot mostly limits of birds except for when it rained. All of the beans were out and more than 70% of the corn and we had good cover in all of our ditches and stock tanks. Did not do as great as I wanted on the ducks only shot about 18 among three of us on 4 days of hunting, seemed that most of our stock tanks went dry but our dug outs and ponds still held water.

opener

Was a good opening week shot mostly limits of birds except for when it rained. All of the beans were out and more than 70% of the corn and we had good cover in all of our ditches and stock tanks. Did not do as great as I wanted on the ducks only shot about 18 among three of us on 4 days of hunting, seemed that most of our stock tanks went dry but our dug outs and ponds still held water.

Back