Bark collars

Love them. I believe I have the Sportdog. Have to double check. They learn quick with those things. I don't have a battery in mine anymore. They know not to bark when the collar is on. With little-ones crying/screaming, no barking is bliss around here;)
Nick

They work and I used to use them. I like Dogtra products. But with experience I learned that it is best to teach the quiet command as a puppy. I have not had a dog bark in years. My male is 8 years and has never let out a single bark in his life. Vinegar mixed with water will work just as well as a bark collar and you won't have a collar wise dog.

I had dogtra collars at one time , 3 or 4 or 5 days is all I remember them being necessary to control some nonsense barking. Quick and painless. One of the collars I passed down to brother in law the other is probably still around, I think it did the job for him.

Would agree with all of the above. My dog is in a kennel in the back yard and the collar curred him within a week; used "sportdog."

I got the Garmin for my yipping female. I like it because it has a 'auto' setting that starts with a vibrate, then moves over to shock, increasing in intensity as the dog continues to bark. Damn dog is now collar wise :rolleyes:

Bark Collar Wise

Any of you guys have the problem with a dog becoming wise to the bark collar? How do you work around that?

I use the Dogtra with very good results and would recommend them over the others. The Tritronics collars were good, but have heard problems with them since Garmin bought them. I'm sure they will get the bugs worked out and be fine too.

Opinions.. good or bad.

What brands and or models are dependable.. Dogtra, TT, Sportdog etc..?

I have been through a few different models and all seem to have there own advantages.

I have recently been using educator bark collar-use to be known as Einstein collar brand. It has six modes of operation to fix any dogs temperament. They also make a extra sensitive model for your softer dog. Compared to the other models and prices these are in the middle of the road. They seem to be well made and functional.

The website is:http://www.educatorcollars.com/educator-bl-100-barkless.html

I currently own two of these collars and would buy another tomorrow if I needed one.

Hope this helps......

Thanks for the input guys and anyone else who wants to chime in.

I have been through a few different models and all seem to have there own advantages.

I have recently been using educator bark collar-use to be known as Einstein collar brand. It has six modes of operation to fix any dogs temperament. They also make a extra sensitive model for your softer dog. Compared to the other models and prices these are in the middle of the road. They seem to be well made and functional.

The website is:http://www.educatorcollars.com/educator-bl-100-barkless.html

I currently own two of these collars and would buy another tomorrow if I needed one.

Hope this helps......

Thanks for the link Chad. Never heard of this brand?? Made in USA, that's a positive I guess. My only question would be customer service should you have an issue.

I have Dogtra E-collars (T&B 2002) and they have been for the most part trouble free in 10 years use. Had a horn go out on one of the collars 2 years ago and sent it in to be replaced,basically replaced the horn and strap. That plus I had batteries replaced as long as it was there for a very modest price. Can't say anything but positive things about Dogtra Customer service.

Last edited:
Customer service.....

Birdshooter,

I will honestly say I don't know how the customer service is. I have never had to call them for anything- no issues, knock on wood, will probably regret saying that now- just kidding.

I have been running the upland hunting collars on my dogs for 3 years now with no issues. My dogs get hunted hard in WI & SD all fall. The collars I know take some abuse and they have with stood the test so far. This was the main reason I decided to try the educator bark collar along with the price, especially when you are buying multiples. My experience has been nothing but positive.

I have had the sportdog and dogtra bark collars and have used them with success. There's just something about this brand I really like. And no I am not getting paid to plug educator collars I trust the brand.

I have the YS500. I have never had any issue with it or any other Dogtra product, so I haven't needed customer service, but have heard only good about it if you do need it.

I use the Dogtra with very good results and would recommend them over the others. The Tritronics collars were good, but have heard problems with them since Garmin bought them. I'm sure they will get the bugs worked out and be fine too.

Garmin bought TriTronics several years ago though? :confused: I have an Alpha and this thing runs my two dogs seamlessly.

Yeah it's been about 4 years I think. The tracking collars are awesome and the training collars are getting back to Tritronics quality. A lot of people I know, some Garmin dealers, have had problems with the bark collars. One of the main problems being that they are activating if another dog in the kennel barks. They may have that worked out now, I don't know.

Yeah it's been about 4 years I think. The tracking collars are awesome and the training collars are getting back to Tritronics quality. A lot of people I know, some Garmin dealers, have had problems with the bark collars. One of the main problems being that they are activating if another dog in the kennel barks. They may have that worked out now, I don't know.

I had some issue with activation with multiple dogs with sportdog. Now with the educator collars it's a non-issue.

I have a Dogtra YS500. She's definitely wise to it. She'll bark like she always did when she isn't wearing it, but she's quiet when it's on. I suppose that means it works. I still turn it on when I put it on her, but it's probably not necessary. She also seems to have a pretty good handle on just how much noise she can make without activating the collar.

Back