any tips for the neww guy?

chessiebreeder

Hi, My wife and I are coming out to the Mccook area from Maryland for the pheasant opener. WE plan on hunting Public land. I've done some research on the CRP and the WMA's in the area, and they seem pretty promising. What kind of crowd can we expect ? Any suggestions for us would be appreciated. We are really waterfowl hunters, and just wanted to try something new.

The regular Nebraska Season for pheasant and quail runs from Oct. 25, 2008, through Jan. 31, 2009. Dove season runs from Sept. 1 through Oct. 30, 2008. 2007 and 2008 dove hunting was excellent with very good numbers bagged in our area. Dove hunters must register with the Harvest Information Program (HIP) which is federally mandated.
----------
Stellathomas

Nebraska Drug Treatment

Harlan County Lake

Hi, My wife and I are coming out to the Mccook area from Maryland for the pheasant opener. WE plan on hunting Public land. I've done some research on the CRP and the WMA's in the area, and they seem pretty promising. What kind of crowd can we expect ? Any suggestions for us would be appreciated. We are really waterfowl hunters, and just wanted to try something new.

A good public hunting place for pheasant is Harlan County Lake, a Corps of Engineers or Bureau of Reclamation reservoir near Alma, NE. Lots of food plots and habitat development and about 60 miles closer to MD than McCook. Alma has a dog friendly motel. Have a great trip and welcome to the West.

Last edited:
Back