A pup .... a nice way to spend time off season

henrybird

Well ....

After getting a chance to hunt behind some great dogs in pursuit of some wily wild pheasant this past season... I will be getting a pup of my own to partner with. One of the finest dogs I hunted behind was his mom, Riot. She has an incredibly stylish point and can run all day ... all weekend!!!! Ironwire GWP have some real nice dogs who excel at home as well as in the field.

It will be some fun times this off season getting ready for next year!

Only three weeks old so far .... but here is soon to be Ironwire Big Country ..who will be known as Sioux.

He was only 5 days old and made a new friend
IMG_8045.jpg

10 days old with his brother and sisters...
IMG_8205.jpg

3 weeks old
IMG_8494.jpg

My daughter ... pleased as punch!
IMG_8525.jpg

The soon to be new pack
IMG_8591.jpg

Mom and Dad
b-litter.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect.

I had GWPs for 20 years and if I could get my body and then my legs back, I'd have another. Perfect companion dog for me. Just a little bit smarter than I am, but I'm more stubborn. :)

Just enforce consistency, consistently.

Best wishes.

Uh oh!!! Just what the roosters of Colorado needed, another GWP on their asses!
Way to go, Henry. Can't wait to meet your pup.

Oh boy, look out pheasants and look out furniture. There's nothing like puppies. Great pics and have fun training.
Tom

Thank you for all the positive comments! We sure are excited about this pup. I am lucky enough to have a great wife who supports my getting back into hunting and also happens to be a photographer. The pics are with her camera and she took all of them except the one she is in.

Good looking pup and good looking family....hopefully you can get your little girl out to hunt one day....

Greg

I had originally though I'd never be able to talk her into bird hunting .... but ....

She had some of my friends special pheasant spread on crackers the other day while visiting the pups. She loved it .... bugged us into getting the recipe and making a batch at our house.

So ..... just maybe .... I will get her out there yet!

CO Weimer .... it was actually a beauty of a Weimaraner ...... when I was just a little kid that got me hooked on the idea of pointing dogs. A delicate looking little lady who was made of steel.

Birds Dusty Duchess:)

Dusty was utterly fearless and would retrieve in the iciest water, with winds howling along and snow falling. I can't remember a single duck my Dad or I lost when she was by my Pops side. She was a hunting machine!

She threw some pretty amazing pups too. Casper a big male had all his mom's heart ..... and looked like a statue when he'd lock into point.

Riot, my pup's mom reminds me of Dusty the way she runs and her single minded focus on birds. We are just so excited to bring Sioux home in a few weeks.

I am looking forward to making all new sets of memories:p

Sioux Joins his new Home!

Well the new addition joined his new home yesterday. Our 6 year old daughter has been over the moon!
IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

Thinking about trouble .....
IMG_1207.jpg

Getting into trouble
IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Meg and the pup!
IMG_1237.jpg

Very nice Pup!!!! Exciting times ahead with puppy training and getting your daughter into going with you!!!:thumbsup:

Back