28 guage

Yes, when I say minimum, I mean bare minimum, for a consistently good shooter. I shoot 1-1/8 oz loads of lead 5's & 1 oz loads of bismuth 4's, but I'm excited that Boss says their 16 gauge loads will be growing to 1-1/8 oz. An extra 20 pellets won't make a huge difference, but it's significant. If I can put 1, perhaps even 2, more pellets into a bird at longer ranges, it would be cause for much happiness.
Are you speaking of the 3 dram, 1 1/8, 2 9/16” loads they have on their website now, or are they coming out with a full 2 3/4” shell?

Which load has 500 more pellts than a 28 gauge? Kinda hesitent to ask a 28 gauge guy about loads, ngl
He's a guy who swears that his Browning A5 is the greatest shotgun ever manufactured and when he pulled the trigger on a cock the flushed from my dog, right in front of him heard nothing but a "click". Then I shot it with my 28ga SxS. (True story)

Just bought some 4’s last night…

Oooo! Thanks for the heads up. I've got an "extra" case of the 1 oz loads as it is. I'll have to see if the boss thinks I can have another extra case. Maybe if she knew these were entirely different shells (VASTLY different in crimp style, length, & payload), she'd consider them a necessity, rather than extra.

Oooo! Thanks for the heads up. I've got an "extra" case of the 1 oz loads as it is. I'll have to see if the boss thinks I can have another extra case. Maybe if she knew these were entirely different shells (VASTLY different in crimp style, length, & payload), she'd consider them a necessity, rather than extra.

Buying shells these days is a safer investment than the stock market

Buy consistently, some now, some later….smooths things out…”holler cost averaging”…you still get mad, and holler, but you realize your shell inventory is in decent shape, and you mellow out a bit. High finance! 🤪

Back