25 Top Pheasant Hunting Towns?

As a high school student I was the only student that hunted (besides one or two I brought into the sport). I wouldn't dare bring a hunting magazine into the open due to the threatening and vile response I'd receive from brain-washed anti-hunting peers.

When I brought a photo of a road killed pheasant to photo class I had a 320 pound behemoth threatening me because he thought I killed pheasant. So, basically all I knew at the time was that tone/culture. --animal rights--

The fist time I drove through SD (as a teenager) I saw a billboard on the side of I-90 that stated "animal rights activists NOT welcome in SD". I thought to myself "'I'm starting to love this state already". lol

Once we pulled into Mitchel SD I thought I died and went to heaven! Everything was geared toward pheasant hunters and pheasants. On top of that, we could cary guns around uncased in the vehicles, and in the hotel, we could pull over and hunt the road sides for birds if we wanted to.

It was a strange feeling I felt out there. The lack of over burdening restrictions gave way to a feeling of freedom I suppose. I'll never forget that first time in a "pheasant town".:cheers:

Last edited:
This is all wrong NO BIRDS in Minnesota dont know why they put any of these in this list just because PF started in MN :rolleyes: go to SD,KS,ND

Take a blindfold and a pin, then stick the pin in the map of South Dakota and the nearest small town to the pin will do just fine as a Top 25 Pheasant Town and the same can be said for areas of North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and other sates as well.
Any place that has birds and a town is better than a town without birds.:D

Take a blindfold and a pin, then stick the pin in the map of South Dakota and the nearest small town to the pin will do just fine as a Top 25 Pheasant Town and the same can be said for areas of North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and other sates as well.
Any place that has birds and a town is better than a town without birds.:D

i hope my pin hits the northern part of the state i dont think i could kill one in the southern part? public anyway

#1= Which ever town I happen to be pheasant hunting near at that time.:cheers:

I believe what he's trying to say here is that he is terribad at hunting, and relies on shooting birds by hunting at lodges in northern SD. :D

no not really wildcat but one thing is for sure terrrible as you are as a mod you dont even come close to the old timers on here,as im getting ready to start a new thread of how the forum has taken a new direction with the new mods i was just checking with a few of them just to verify if it would be ok and not to get banned :D

Last edited:
Huron and Miller SD are two of the highest producinig counties in the state and aren't mentioned. And to include any Mn cities is really a joke! Who formulated this study??

Back