209 Buck Found - Arcadia

UGUIDE

This buck was shot by bow hunter just south of Arcadia WI this fall and hunter was not able to retrieve animal which can be common in bowhunting. Guy was out chopping wood about a mile or 2 east of that location in March this year and found the animal and in good shape. Here is a photo of the buck and my neighbor (I have place a few miles south of Arcadia) just reported that it scored 209. A real monster for that area and any for that matter. Interesting tidbit is that my nighbor shot a buck that had a similar genetic trait from the tri-forked left main beam.

I don't know if I care to be guy that hit it and could not retrieve and animal like that. It happens though and that is part of sport.

209BuckArcadia.jpg

Here is smaller guy shot at neighbors place with similar tri-fork trait.
11-28-2008001.jpg

That is one heck of a buck! Yeah, sometimes no matter how hard you look, you can't locate the downed animal. It happens to the best of us. I can't believe he found it months later.

WOW! Nice. Who's drinking the Busch Light in the background?

:coolpics: :cheers:

WOW! Nice. Who's drinking the Busch Light in the background?

:coolpics: :cheers:

Some poor uneducated soul! I should talk, I drink the fine Swiller Lite.

Although on this famous trip I think I was forced to drink the official beer of South Dakota as evidenced by the photo. errr, maybe it was Bud Light?

DCP_0006.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
Nice pics Chris. :thumbsup:

So the story goes like this... This older couple was driving to Greenville, NC on Hwy 264. They stopped to eat at McDonalds in Farmville, NC, when a bystander pointed out to them that they'd picked up a passenger along the way. The older gentleman walked around the front of the car and replied that he "noticed the car had been running a little hot the last few miles". :D

Deer0941.jpg
Deer0942.jpg

Unlike the Virginia couple in my previous post, I think the Ontario, Canada woman probably noticed it when she hit this moose. Fortunately, she escaped with only minor injuries (although judging from the photos, you have to wonder how).
Moose1.jpg
Moose2.jpg

Moose3.jpg
Moose4.jpg

Back