2023 Season Pictures of Birds, Guns And Dogs

Yes - the sex of sharptail grouse can be identified. If you look around - the ND G&F tells you how.

Hey all, good day today. Went out solo after Mass, to an area about a mile from the house. Saw quite a few birds, hens held real well. Roosters were a bit wild, but Addie held the ones I got. Was lucky to get a double also. The one bird that's wet.....is a another story. To long to tell now. Also lucked into a covey of Huns and managed to get one.

Addie is getting better every time she goes out, really happy with her.

Anyway, used my 12ga self cooking Siace today.

Best,

Greg

Attachments

• 20231119_150624.jpg
    20231119_150624.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20231119_150700.jpg
    20231119_150700.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
Good on you Patrick, was just joshing on the hen comments! Glad you all are enjoying the beautiful no dak weather. Likely a turn for the worse, soon.

So PTM and other ND hunters ... share a little more than just photos ...

> are you hunting one farm or general area or a broader swath across ND (you do not need to be specific to any town or county) ?
> birds mostly in cattails or have they spread back out into the grass as the snow melted ?
> smaller sloughs and ponds still frozen or everything open back up ?
> seeing many birds driving around or just when actually working cover ?

Home from North Dakota, hunting was good this year. Too much corn still standing, will make December hunting excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: PTM
Are your pics taken with a camera or phone. They are super clear..

Just an old IPhone 8, hoping to get a real camera tomorrow, Im pretty close for my bird dog photos, I try and get on the dogs level which equates to either kneeling or sitting down when clicking the button,, sometimes I’ll put the camera in portrait mode. I don’t know what the heck I’m doing usually click off 30 pics and one turns out ok.

Hey all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING, to you and your families

My son Jim and I went out for our annual Thanksgiving hunt. It was cold (18), but not too windy.

I was able to limit and Jim got 2, but lost one, hate that.

Addie did well, very happy with her!

I used my ugartechea 16ga 1030 and Jim his V.S. 12ga 3EC

Very good day, especially hunting with my son.

Stay well my friends

Greg

20231123_133732.jpg
20231123_133830.jpg

Back