2012 Pheasant Forecast in Montana?

wmcfall

In cruising the archieves and other sources, I find the 2010 forecast and info on 2011, but haven't found any information regarding how the hunting will be in various regions in Montana for this year. Am I missing something or is it being kept a secret?

How about the areas around Conrad and Fort Benton? How has the hatch developed and is the general overall population good? We were there in 2009 and it was pretty bleak compared to 2008. Thanks for any info that you might send my way!

Cant help you there....I would guess the population would be up from the last couple of years with the mild winter and good nesting this spring and summer

OK, thanks for the reply. I live in Boise and want to get my 8 month old pointing lab pup into a good supply of birds and we no longer have the numbers here to fill the bill. Any location suggestions would be appreciated. If so, you might want to do a personal message to me.

How about Coffee Creek to Stanford area?

How about Coffee Creek to Stanford area?

Judith Basin is some of the best upland hunting in MT.
Getting a chance to hunt the prime private property is kinda tough.:(

Judith Basin is some of the best upland hunting in MT.
Getting a chance to hunt the prime private property is kinda tough.:(

I guess I am lucky then. I was told this awhile back that the landowners here are not like the land owners in the eastern part of the state, but every time I've been there I've been invited to hunt other people's property as well as the folks we know.
Maybe it is just luck or my outstanding personality. hahahahaha

Back