1st Time Hunting South Dakota

Finally got the make the trip and we cant wait to get back! Hunting 4 full days and probably seen close too 600 birds. Almost everything the dogs pointed and what went up within gun range were hens, had roughly 30 roosters give us shooting opportunities and we harvested 14 birds, knocked 3 down we nor dogs could find. As a group we weren't really chasing limits just wanted to see birds and learn as much as we could and I feel we achieved both of those goals. Dog work was superb and everyone we had encounters with were more than nice, had an extremely pleasant time out of the field. Hunted mainly CREP with a few GPA areas. By the end of the trip ourselves and the dogs were exhausted. Cant wait to get back out there next fall!

Nice trip, great write-up, and wonderful pictures. You had me grinning as I saw the smiles on everybody, maybe even the dogs!

Congratulations to everybody, even the folks you met who were so hospitable.

:coolpics::thumbsup::coolpics:

I recognize the inside of that garage.

Nice photos. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing;).

Nick

I recognize the inside of that garage.

Nice photos. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing;).

Nick

Yep. They have some interesting theme rooms there. Got stuck in the Marilyn Monroe room once. Dog was embarrassed for us.

Know where that GPA is too. Used to be a good late season stop.

Last edited:
Congrats! Went 5 years ago for the first time...you'll start planning two or three trips a year soon. :)

Back