11/18-11/21 Report-SE SD

I wish some of the spots we had found were hot. Sorry about the town mention but it had more to do with habitat. We weren’t in a fancy suburban but we’re in my brothers fancy truck. This rube traveled in comfort.

I wish some of the spots we had found were hot. Sorry about the town mention but it had more to do with habitat. We weren’t in a fancy suburban but we’re in my brothers fancy truck. This rube traveled in comfort.
I think you were fine with your report. Mentioning Mitchell, Redfield, Aberdeen, winner, Sioux falls or spearfish are all pretty large well known towns.

Like you I was talking about conditions around the area. I didn’t know that mentioning a town name was such a big deal. I guess now everybody will head to the heretofore unknown Mitchell, SD. 😁

Once I got booted from a pheasant page, but I didn't know why? I looked the next day, it was gone and it wouldn't show up in my search results. I was a little slow, but realized I'd been banned for hotspotting. I had no prior convictions or warnings. I had posted asking about lodging in Aberdeen, Redfield and/or Huron for a pheasant trip. Meanwhile every PF piece of media puts these same towns on blast constantly and the flush is about the worst ever for blowing a place up. Such is life in the electronic age.

Like you I was talking about conditions around the area. I didn’t know that mentioning a town name was such a big deal. I guess now everybody will head to the heretofore unknown Mitchell, SD. 😁

Spreading information about specific areas between those of us that are active on here, especially private ground probably has little effect on pressure. The thing you may not realize there are thousands of lurkers on here that never post but gather easy info. There was a post a couple years ago that got really specific about bird numbers in a fairly small area. I had a day to kill while up there and the info was good. How many lurkers did the same thing? I know when I was up there in November the pressure seemed high.

I saw/heard one of truck/unknown amount of hunters. He mustve had 3 triples flush because i heard 3 series of 3 shots on an adjoining piece of public. I got 1 off that piece and then my last 2 on a piece of private. Took two shots at the 2nd bird that I kinda turned in the air and changed his direction. As he flew away a leg was hangin. I stared at him flyin over a corn field and at about 300+ yards, watched him drop. Walked over and found him very dead.

Back